Saturday, August 26, 2006

If You Ain't First, You're Last

Ah, the wisdom of Ricky Bobby. I just had to see Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Will Ferrel is hysterical, and secretly I am a NASCAR and other types of racing fan...although horse racing is my first love.



Still busy working...but things aren't as hectic now that I have gotten comfortable with what I am doing. My clerk is a fiery little red head that could use some sun so that her freckles don't stand out so much. She is just a few years older than me, and has adjusted to me telling her what to do. Although I am still watching my back, as you know how the office can be.

After a few more weeks, I will be in my own place. I finally found an apartment that I love...and my parents are still trying to talk me into staying on the farm. One would think that I am moving back to the big city instead of ten miles down the road in a smaller town than my hometown.

Labor Day weekend is quickly approaching, and I am psyched about it. Around here, the lake is where it's at. Boats, booze, bikinis, and bumbling idiot drunks. Somewhat of a step up from the White Trash Bash at the Lake of the Ozarks Memorial Day weekend. Count me in.

8 Comments:

Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

I AM FIRST! WOOH!

I am so happy to hear you are settling into your new life. Congratulations on the apartment! Let us know how it goes and as for Labor Day Weekend? Live it up!

Something tells me you will!

1:10 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

yeee hawwwww! way to go cowgirl! its great to see your still'round and kicking :)

Good luck on your big move and enjoy your apartment. I am a Will Ferrel fan, the guy is just crazy!

2:52 PM  
Blogger brian said...

Hey there CG,

I think we are all getting used to this once a week posting, err...once every two weeks posting. Just makes the experience that much more exciting. ;)

NASCAR baby. I guess you'll be watching the night race at Richmond tonight then. Well maybe in a bar, I can't see you staying at home on a Sat night. LOL

Great news on the job and the new digs. Kinda hard to have a horse in an apartment though.

Have fun be safe at the lake.

Love you. XO

2:58 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

I am a huge fan of the lake and all it's lovely attributes: Boats, booze, bikinis, and bumbling idiot drunks. Throw in a couple jetski's and I am there!

Glad to hear you found a good place... very important to find your "fortress of solitude".

7:24 AM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

Boats, booze AND bikinis??? If I leave right now, I should be there in time... :)

12:50 PM  
Blogger Major John said...

I always thought that "Labor Day" should be replaced with "Boats, booze, bikinis, and bumbling idiot drunks Day". Nicely done.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

Knock Knock; anybody home?

I hope all is well, drop me a line and let me know how you are!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

Hello??
hello??



Echooo...
Echoooo....


Shruggs...

sighs

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home