Friday, July 07, 2006

Nozze

The closest thing to a vacation this year for me so far is going to be this weekend...Bree and I are headed up to the Windy City for her cousin's wedding. A long Catholic wedding...and I am excited, because one side of the party has LOTS of money...so it is quite the shindig. Although I seriously doubt this Chicago family would say shindig, but hell, it's my story, so who cares?

Both of us have today off, so we are planning to leave the corn desert about 2PM for the hustle and bustle of the city. We are going out on the town Friday after eating dinner with the family. The wedding is Saturday, which should be followed by the biggest reception I have ever been to. Then Sunday morning somehow Bree and I are going to drag ourselves out of bed and go to church. Then home.

And of course we plan to make it back home for our karaoke tradition Sunday afternoon.

Goal for this weekend ~ not to buy any drinks....anyone want to place a bet?

13 Comments:

Blogger Rude1 said...

Lets see, two lovely ladies at a wedding/reception/party??? Nope, I ain't taking that bet!

Y'all have fun!

8:33 AM  
Blogger avereragebusinessman said...

Have a great time and enjoy the weekend. It is beautiful here, hope the same for you.

Nice looking horse.

Moving is sometimes a good thing.

9:19 AM  
Blogger brian said...

I don't think that bet has any takers hon! Have a great fantastic weekend. Enjoyed the park.

Here's my word verification. Just perfect.

YUMEZVZ

9:24 AM  
Blogger brian said...

Almost forgot, Sweet Home, Chicago!

10:46 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

weeeeee! I never spent a boring nite in Chicago yet! Have a blast and I bet you dont have to buy 1 drink~

12:44 PM  
Anonymous cj said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. :) Summer weddings can be a lot of fun. Good luck on not buying any drinks. I never have any success with that promise!

4:34 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

I bet you won't buy one ~ unless it's you buying it for some hottie.

Have a ball girl!

*muah!*

8:50 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Have fun! i miss big cities! *sigh* Live it up chica!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Minka said...

So, ho wdid the non´buying of drinks go?
I bet not all that well.
Catholics have money? A shocker that was! :)
Hope you had fun!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous shayna said...

Hope you had a great time... :)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

I second Shayna. Surely in Chicago there's someone suave enough to get you to buy your own grog.

9:03 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

geesh! are ya still whooping it up in the windy city or what!?

8:11 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

I don't think you'll have any problems getting someone to get you ladies some drinks!

You have a particular karyoke song thats your song?

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home