Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Must Read

Please read this. This soldier is the fourth person to lose three limbs during the war Iraq or Afghanistan, and I think his story should be shared.

~*~*~*~*~*~


The sun rising over the coliseum that I have spent so much of my life showing horses in. It usually feels like a second home, but when I went there for a HUGE show recently, I couldn't help but feel detached. Very mixed feelings going on. But I know I made the right choice.

My fat and unclipped horse living the life of a pasture pony. I wish his damn forelock would grow. Hard to believe that I have not clipped his bridle path since he came home in December. Says a lot...I used to clip every week like clock work, and now he is lucky that I brush where the tack goes.

I am going to be moving to a different town by the first of September. It is time. I need the space, and it will be closer to my new job. AND Bree. I'm going to move my horse off the farm too, in hopes that I will enjoy him more. I have sold all of the training colts I had in with the exception of one, who wasn't for sale anyway and will be going home at the end of August...and I am not going to take anymore. Not right now.

It's hard to explain, but it is something I need to do. And I can't wait.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Cowgirl, your horse looks beautiful to me.
Great news on the change in job and the move....what a great way to stir up your life!!

12:27 PM  
Blogger brian said...

Thanks for link. Very moving story, I don't know where such strength comes from.

Looks like whats-his-name really enjoys the life of leisure. What's up doc!

Good luck with the move, and all the changes in your life. Diane says hi!

Love ya'

1:53 PM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

Good luck with the move Cowboy, I hope it all works out for you. Hmmm, you and Bree closer together? Could spell trouble!

Nothing but good thoughts towards you doll!

3:31 PM  
Blogger liberal army wife said...

Well... damn.. anderson makes my life look like a roll in the tulips! so when I get to feeling cranky and picked on and pissed... I'll remember that kid.

As for the move, good luck!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous cooper said...

Love your horses hair. Short bangs are so "in". ;)

Good luck with the move and hope everything goes well. Life changes.

Enjoy.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Smurf said...

What a beautiful horse! Good luck with your move.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

It sounds like you are finding your way. I am glad to hear that and may every step you take bring more clarity into your life!

10:33 PM  
Anonymous pia said...

It's great to move and to shake your life up every so often

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home