Thursday, June 01, 2006

Overflow

Auntie Shayna has been blessed with a nephew.

Congratulazioni, Marina, for being the winner of Shayna's lyric contest.

Cooper is 21! So when do I get to take you out, Cowgirl style?




It was POURING yesterday...had quite the adventure spraying water with my truck while hurrying to choir practice. And of course the baseball practice was cancelled.

There is standing water everywhere. Plus most of the waterways are no longer grass, but flowing rivers through the fields.

Never understood why they were called waterways, until the first time I remember it flooded.

When I was younger, my brother and I would take our little flat bottom aluminum boat and see how far we could get in the overflow. Usually, we could make it all the way to our pond or to the creek. And sometimes we ended up in a ditch...

I miss seeing my twin brother all of the time. We did a decent job of entertaining each other when we were little.

Even in Jr. High, I was always defending him and threatening to kick anyone's ass who bothered him. In high school, he finally grew taller, and was able to fend for himself. Not that he was a wuss or anything.

Or perhaps by then everyone was too afraid of me. Geesh, now I sound like a bad ass.

~*~*~

Been spending some time looking for a different job...considering I decided I just might stay around here for awhile.

And I just might rent a house or get an apartment instead of living on the farm in my grandparent's old farmhouse. I'm starting to feel a little suffocated by the fact that my parents just walk in the door whenever they want. Technically, it is their house...but now it is just plain annoying.

~*~*~

Perhaps more later. Did find this interesting: Batwoman Is Back As A Lesbian.

21 Comments:

Blogger Major John said...

Hmmm. How about an interior slide lock/latch? Maybe a sign to hang on the door like you would have at a hotel "Privacy Please" or "Do Not Disturb"?

8:31 AM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

Hey Cowgirl! Justa quick note to say Hi and that you may sound like a bas azz, 'cause you are! Talk to you soon, hope all is well!

Miss you :)

8:45 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

You ARE a badass, that's part of your charm :-)

A choir singing, horse training, butt kickin', genuine Cowgirl!

Congrats on the new member of the family. And yeah, parents are so annoying, eh? Maybe they are trying to get you to move? *grins*

8:50 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Ok, I just went to read the batwoman link. Interesting concept. I got quite a chuckle out of this line, I think it would be a great topic for discussion!:

"Wouldn't ugly people as heroes be more groundbreaking?" asked one poster. "You know, 200-pound woman, man with horseshoe hair loss pattern, people with cold sores, etc.?"

8:55 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Major John, that would mean that I would actually lock the doors...and I thought that was why I had dogs. ;)

Rude1, I miss you!

Kyahgirl, me, a charming badass...interesting. *grins*

Actually, every time I talk about moving off of the farm, my parents try to talk me out of it. Free labor. ;)

9:02 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

For a second I thought you were considering moving away... the South is beautiful this time of year you know. ;)

Set a booby trap on the door.

10:59 AM  
Blogger brian said...

Thank you for everything you've done for me.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

And here I thought Batwoman and I had a chance.

Have they been capping tile pans in Illinois like they were in Iowa in the 80s and 90s?

11:38 AM  
Blogger G said...

I like Major John's idea, maybe, "men folk visiitng", play around with it a little. Of course, a booby trap is just wrong, but sometimes necessary. Parents - can't live with em, can't live without em. Now, indulge us city folk, but if you're in the farmhouse, are they in the barn or the silo?

12:17 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Jake, I'll take your advice into consideration.

Brian, you are welcome.

What did I do?

Doug, depends on where you are.

G, there are two farmhouses. And a summer kitchen.

12:26 PM  
Blogger G said...

Now that's what I call living. What every city dwell secretly covets - more square footage!

12:46 PM  
Blogger EsotericWombat said...

Maybe you shouldn't even talk about it. Just sneak out in the middle of the night, leaving a note behind as to your new address.

It is only a matter of time before there is an enormous influx of erotic Batwoman fanfiction. My guess is the first will be with Starfire.

1:44 PM  
Blogger O Ceallaigh said...

nah ... I don't reckon someone who can bust a bar hoon but can't get Mom and Dad to respect a "Privacy Please" policy would be the type to pull a midnight flyer. Would be worth a word or two to them, though. Might could be it's just habit, and they've been given no reason to think about it. If the circumstances permit, dialogue is a lot cheaper than passing up free rent. :)

2:05 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

cowgirl-I think you are a badass and if I ever get into a bar fight, you'd better have my back! I agree w/ jake, stay in the farmhouse, just set booby traps..

3:02 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

G, yes, more square footage is good.

Ew - Starfire? Interesting.

Don't think I would just vanish in the middle of the night.

O'C, you are correct. I wouldn't just leave. Might have to talk to them...but we'll see.

Barngoddess, I always got your back. ;)

5:35 PM  
Anonymous cooper said...

I would certainly think you would be able to defend well, your brother was lucky.

Yeah I think living with parents is hard. I did it last summer and ....it was hard.

Aww Dawg lost his chance with batwomen.............heh heh

8:06 PM  
Anonymous shayna said...

How about... a door knob that shocks??? Maybe they'll get the hint???

Lesbian Batwoman?? Hmmm... who knew? :)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Yeah, either booby trap it or move... privacy is something every chick needs fo sho!

Wow... I cannot imagine being a twin but think it must be amazing... a live in best friend! Hope you do get to see more of each other!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

She's a cowgirl on the move! We're getting the massive rain here. At least I won't have to water the plants. :)

9:16 PM  
Blogger brian said...

Good morning love,

It's FRIDAY! Thanks for the info, I am feeling much better today.

4:24 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

Shayna I like the shocking doorknob... nonlethal and very effective.

Booby traps!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home