Saturday, June 10, 2006

A Cowgirl Update

I feel like I am neglecting my family when I am too busy to post and keep up to date on blogs. I seriously barely have time to type this update while I am getting ready to head out the door yet again. I am missing my blogging buddies!

Life has me running everywhere...plus my parent's anniversary was this weekend - they are gone on a trip, leaving me, myself, and I to do all of the chores and two households of critters to take care of. That is two pastures full of cattle, their dog and cats, my dogs and cat, the barn cats, the shop dog, my horse and the three horses I am training, and all of our chickens. And on top of that, there are the critters my mom is rehabbing (she is a wildlife rehabber) and all of the damn bird feeders.

Throw in a busy weekend of parties, clothes shopping, and other silly stuff stacked on top of my usual weekend, and it's delightful. But I am not complaining...just feeling like I need a clone so at least one of us can get some sleep. Or so that we can take turns.

My kids won their game...and no one has called me a bitch yet!

~*~*~*~

Been a little nervous since I just found out a soldier from the 101st Sustainment Brigade was killed in Iraq Friday...one was also injured. My Ethan and my high school best friend's husband are both in subordinate units of the 101st Sustainment Brigade. I had to re-read that line several times...my heart sank and my stomach is in knots.

My cell phone is sitting in front of me, starring at me to call my best friend...but I am almost too scared to do so, as I am positive she has heard this information and is beside herself. What if I call...and find out it was her husband or my Ethan that was killed or injured? Or one of the guys I have been writing letters and sending care packages to?

Shit.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad I stopped by. This is Brian aka HB. Diane made a discovery on Fri. that we can leave comments on webtv by anon.

I am sorry about the death in Iraq, there have been too many, and too many to come.By all means call her.

How did the job interviews go? Is that what the clothes shopping was for?

That's a lot a critters to handle. A regular Dr. Doolittle you are.

We are getting ready for the tropical storm, the projected path is dead center over our house on Tuesday. Mainly a rain event though. I'll keep you posted, and a special report on Weds. post.

I hope you have a great time as usual singing this weekend and with Bree.

Take care, love Brian and Diane.

4:13 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

cowgirl-I was just about to walk out the door to go (you can read where and what at the res) but I felt I had to offer you some support in regards to your soldier loved ones. Im sending you a big Oklahoma hug....if I was a bit up North of me, Id help you out with your chores..hang in there.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Oh no! I hope all is well with your loved ones my friend! Rest up when you can and hey, we shall always be here waitin' patiently for your return!

All my love and you know where to find me for anything and everything!

2:05 AM  
Blogger Jenna Howard said...

I hate watching the phone, afraid it is going to bite you, afraid it won't.

I too hope all is well.

3:00 AM  
Anonymous shayna said...

I hope life slows down for you soon.

Keep the faith my dear... I hope your Ethan and your friends hubby are safe... will be praying for them...

6:23 AM  
Blogger arizona69 said...

Ciao Cowgirl!
Yesterday I was all day in Verona for a marriage of a good friend of mine, so I'm reading only now about casualties. So sorry..
In my opinion is always better try to made a call. I never appreciated waiting with hand in hand (and stomach in knots)
Best wishes for result of interviews and Your busy week end. And of course i miei migliori auguri to Your Parents for their anniversary
Hugs
alexandro

6:44 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

I'm sorry for whoever lost someone. I'll say a prayer for your friends.

7:56 AM  
Blogger liberal army wife said...

that feeling at the pit of your stomach. dreadful. Call your friend, hold onto each other.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, that it's no one you have been writing/sending care packages to.

Be strong.

LAW

6:51 PM  
Blogger Cop the Truth said...

My girlfriend once told me that staying behind was harder than making a deployment. I see now that she was right. Godspeed.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous cooper said...

I'm sorry for your friends. I'll be thinking about you.

It is hard to keep up with a blog. I am addicted in some way. I carry my laptop most places I go even to parls at times but my friends often make me leave it home.
Again i'll keep my fingers crossed for your friends.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

Cowgirl, you know my prayers are with your friends and their families. Hold on, keep praying, send me a note if you need anything. I wish I was on YIM again to offer you a shoulder...

Please let me know if you need ANYTHING.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

hang in there buddy. I'm sorry for your friends.

11:23 AM  
Blogger O Ceallaigh said...

I confess I've been hanging around casualty sites since your post looking at and for names. sobering. have you had news? my thoughts are with you ...

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home