Friday, May 26, 2006

They Can No Longer Call Me Red

My adventures of getting my hair cut has left me with a new admiration for someone who lives in my hometown. She is a year younger than me, and should be doing hair in some fancy salon...she has talent. I have never liked my hair so much.

And it is short(er)...I watched six inches fall onto the floor, wincing.

Which means it is barely off my shoulders. Scary. Never have had short hair since I was born. But now I think I look polished. I needed something I could style easily and funky...singing in Church and possibly a band (yes possibly)...time for a change because times are a changing.



Shayna over at Music Highway has written me a song/poem because I won the Song Lyric Caption contest...and I was blown away.

Be sure to play the Song Lyric Caption contest...yours truly is the judge.

Brian over at Truth Is Freedom has some wonderful stuff he has written in honor of Memorial Day; one is in honor of me and the rest of the Guard.

7 Comments:

Anonymous cooper said...

Hair - it has always been a pain in thenneck for me because mine is wavy and I use stuff to straigthen it and then when I come here to maryland and it is humid it gets wavy again....I have had mine to my chin before bui I am used now to just putting it bp in a braid to get it out of the way.

Happy M Day. I'll check out the sites you linked to.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Hey sweetie, you deserve a nice tribute like that. I get you're quite the cutie with your hair short!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous shayna said...

Wish I could cut my hair. I'm letting it grow out for the "locks of love"...

Hope you have a fabulous holiday weekend... Behave and Take Care! :)

PS... the song/poem was my pleasure

4:38 AM  
Anonymous pia said...

Glad that you love your hair. It's been suggested that I tell my life story in terms of my hair

8:41 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Short hair can be pretty fetching, Red.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

I am sure your locks will continue to bring the boys to the yard cowgirl.

I just went to a Barber shop today... It's called "Scalp 'Em"I told the guy I wanted a trim... apparently there is no such word in the Chippewa Tribal tongue.

I guess I should've known better.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Politics of a Patriot said...

omggggggggg

Mine goes bye-bye Thursday--9 inches. I'm scared to death. Your post kinda sorta halfway reassured me. :P

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home