Monday, May 15, 2006

A Non-Internet Weekend

I would like to see you and Shayna trying to out drink each other. That would be a sight. ~ Chris


Chris, I think this is a challenge I am up to. How 'bout you Shayna? We could probably sell tickets and help fund your little one's future college education...

Happy Mother's Day to all of my beloved blogger moms. This well wishing is fashionably late...but filled with my wholesome Midwestern country girl love.

Ok, I'm not entirely buying the wholesome imagery either.

This has been the first weekend in quite a few months that I haven't been online at least twice Saturday or Sunday...even at drill. I am taking that as a good sign. Except my internet was down on Sunday...so I am not sure if that truly counts. No one was holding me ransom, though.

A strip club burned down not too far from here Friday morning...and I am sure it was no accident. Someone my age died in the fire...I would elaborate, but that would make it too easy for the local yokels to figure out who I am. The death aside, I think that this would have been ironic if it had happened on a Sunday morning...
"Thou shalt not run with scissors" was never a commandment taught in Sunday school. Brings a new face to "cutting edge" Christianity..." this cowgirl over at Sar's today.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Speaking of fire, Saturday was an interesting adventure. Especially since it sprinkled off and on most of the day, well into the night. Of course the cowboy crush accepted my invitation, and tried his darndest to be sociable and cute. The sociable part he had to work at, but the cute part he owned. Turns out that he has more brain cells than I thought. He graduated from the same university that I did, and passed my initial criteria. He doesn't live with his parents, he is employed, and he isn't younger than me. I believe Wombat is the only guy younger than me that I could tolerate...I usually like them...until they talk.

Seems that these credentials along with my other must haves (taller than me, good teeth, and not related) he met, so I told him I would go out with him to dinner sometime this week...and he actually asked me this time. So perhaps he isn't too shy...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATRICK, aka Esoteric Wombat! Cheers!




12 Comments:

Blogger EsotericWombat said...

Yay Cowgirl! Great to hear that all worked out! (sees line about younger dudes... *blush*)

And thank you soo much for the good wishes and the good beer. Huuuuuugs!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Yep, Wombat, you are my choice younger dude.

Thought you would like the beer. A big hug for the birthday boy. *muah* ;) Bet you are really blushing now...

11:02 AM  
Blogger brian said...

Oh, I've been thinkin',
'bout quittin' drinkin'
'cause the guys won't stop lookin' at my rear!

Oh, I've been mopin', and then just hopin'
'cause all I want is a nice boy! Ha, Ha!

You've been poemed, no songed, no poemed.

Started a thread today, when I said I was surprised that no one had asked what sex Pat was in my story. Pop over and let me know.

Good luck on the date with BlueBalls, the guy, not the horse. Perverts.

I am going to dedicate a poem on my Memorial Day post to you, also Grey Eagle, read the last post this morning, very moving. Let me know if it's ok with you.

I hope Shayna will be ok.

11:03 AM  
Blogger brian said...

Now I am confused. You were right about what? Being a girl?

11:18 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Uh oh...this challenge sounds like trouble!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Leigh, I think you are right about that!

Brian, I was right that I already commented on whether I thought the character was a boy or a girl.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Hey Cowgirl. You're doing a great job making up for lost time at my blog. Thanks :-)

Don't automatically eliminate younger guys from your wish list. It probably becomes less of an issue as you get older but when I was 35 I met my sweetheart, who was 29 at the time. I was mortified that I could a) be so attracted so someone so much younger, and b) even contemplate dating someone I worked with.
So, we started out with talking, talking, talking and soon discovered, the more we knew each other, the more there was to like. Soon, the age thing just didn't matter anymore, we really on the same wavelength. When your mind and spirit hums at the same frequency as someone else, that is what matters. Ok, enough of a lecture.
Have fun.
Off to visit the wombat.

1:37 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

woohoo...Im looking into my crystal ball and Im seeing....what is that?!?! cowgirl with a suburban full of kids.....

2:01 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Kyahgirl, this one deserves an email. Uno momento.

Barngoddess! ACK! A suburban full of kids! They better be my lesson students! LOL. j/k...I do want some lil cowgirls and cowboys running around raising hell someday when I find someone that is tough enough to wrangle me.

At least you got the make of the vehicle correct!;)

2:05 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Cowgirl you are on a crafty word roll today! And Kyhagirl's right. And although Hubby's taller and has good teeth, he's almost a year younger than me and I never let him forget it! :D

4:26 PM  
Blogger brian said...

Morning cowgirl,

The question of the day is; gender bias? And you are the winner, the only vote for a girl. Have a beer on me.

4:22 AM  
Anonymous shayna said...

LOL... I just read this one...

I think you would win that drinking contest right now... I'm a little under the weather... LOL!

BUT.. just wait until I get better... I always drink the guys under the table when i drink... seriously!

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home