Tuesday, May 16, 2006

"M" is for Meme

I've been letter tagged by the Barngoddess. She gave me the letter "M." This is how it works if you desire to play too - in your comment to this post, ask for a letter, which I will give you as a reply to your comment. Then write ten words beginning with that letter, and explain the story or meaning or relevance of those words to you...then pass out some letters too!

1. Music: I love music. Music is my mantra. I am always singing, dancing, or writing music. Even when I am working horses, there is a radio going. When I am driving, the radio is cranked and I am rockin' out.

2. Martingale: A piece of horse training equipment that I can't live without. I only use leather ones, and I have three different kinds that I use. And I can't stand when people incorrectly use martingales...

That's a martingale that pretty horse is wearing around his neck.

3. Margarita: A drink that I can't resist when eating Mexican cuisine. And I rarely resist Mexican cuisine. I prefer frozen ones, and the newest one I tried was a Midori Melon Margarita...talk about alliteration. And it was yummy.

4. Money: The more I make, the more I spend. It's not always about the money; but money is everything. So realistically it is. Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference. ~ Barack Obama.

5. Mascara: Something I rarely leave the house without applying. Mascara is my friend. There are a multitude of things I like to lift and separate...reference modesty, below.

6. Modesty: A word that only applies to me occasionally. Modesty; the gentle art of enhancing your charm by pretending not to be aware of it. It's the cowgirl way.

7. Maracas: God wouldn't have given you maracas if He didn't want you to shake 'em. Refererence modesty, above.

8. Men: Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. Well...on second thought, yes you can, if one so desires! Men are like pumpkins. It seems like all the good ones are either taken or they've had everything scraped out of their heads with a spoon.

9. My: a word that precedes alot of words that are "me." Sometimes I wear MY heart on MY sleeve. MY body, MY choice. That's MY preogative. Get off MY ass!

10. More is most definitely more. More eyeliner, more mascara, more cleavage, more rips in the jeans, more hair spray, more heels, more singing, more vodka, more dancing, more outrage. DON'T DREAM IT, BE IT. That's hard to accomplish if less is more.

26 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

My, my, my. Magnificent, marvelous, mesmerizing.
I got an "R" from barngoddess, but I would like one from you too. I'll post both on Friday. What exactly is meme?

Thanks for the selfish plug on Doug's blog.
And have a jazzy tomorrow

12:08 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Brian, your letter from me is "J."

A meme is kinda what this letter thing is. It is also called a tag, among other things, and it's usage ranges from trying to get your blogger buddies better to when there is a rainy day in your head and you have no clue what to blog about.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Ooooh! How fitting the M was for you! Love getting to know more about the Cowgirl... like mascara but I just don't wear it, unless it is for very rare moments when I need to wear full on makeup (as normally eyeliner and my beloved Origins lipgloss with a base of lipliner, yes on the lips too, is worn) because it is simply a bitch to clean off!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Miz B, wasn't it appropriate?

Makeup can be a pain...but it is so worth it sometimes.

1:00 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

I knew M was your letter : ) I loved the bay, you know they are my favorite! The comparison between men and pumpkins, so true, I laughed my azz off, funny. Makeup-its a necessity, even a small bit. Sometimes I think women who dont wear it (but need it) are just too lazy and do not give a sh*t about thier appearence.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Barngoddess, you are a cowgirl like me, sweetie.

That bay is already a prolific sire, and he hasn't even had a chance to prove himself under saddle.

I give a shit about my appearance, but only because I want to. IMO I look just as hot covered in mud. ;)

1:15 PM  
Anonymous pia said...

Just saying hello--served my meme time ;) and I never know when to use "loose" or "lose" Have been made painfully aware of that

3:10 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

I've never seen a letter meme before - loved yours, Cowgirl! It was most marvelous! :)

9:08 PM  
Anonymous cooper said...

I'm a bad memer......... rarely do them but give me a letter i'll check back tomorrow. I am always late.

I won't even request a certain letter. M was the peach.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Hello back. I think the meaning is more important than whether you spell it correctly, right pia?

Sar, this is the first letter meme I have seen also. I am a big fan of alliteration.

Coop! You are going to play? I am thinking "S" is going to be your letter. Have fun.

Late is better than never showing up.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I've never seen a letter Meme before either.

You managed marvelous miracles with M. It was great to know more about you as always. You are one sassy handfull!

There are Martingale dog collars too, did you know? I used to use one on Torin when I was showing him so as to not damage the coat around his ruff. I'll never show another dog....hated that world.

I'd love a letter. Whatever you think works for me.

7:47 AM  
Blogger The ZenFo Pro said...

Hey, can I still sign up for a letter?
;)

Love the men/pumpkin analogy

8:05 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

I like being sassy! And what is so sad about it is that sometimes I have no clue how sassy I am until people tell me.

Kyahgirl, I think I will bless you with the letter "B." Have fun. ;)

I only used martingale collars on my Aussies when I showed...haven't showed in a few years. It is an interesting world...a lot of the people I know that show horses also show dogs...and vice versa. I still catch handle for extra blow money.

It can be a hateful world.

My grandmother raised champion poodles for years, so I was born into it.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Hey man! You must have been commenting when I was replying, ZenFo Pro.

I'm giving you the letter "L." Have fun.

The pumpkin analogy is true! Except I didn't put they are either taken or gay.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Thanks BBBBBuddy.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

I would like a letter pleez :-) Anything but X or Z

8:49 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Kyahgirl, you're welcome, my blogger buddy babe.

Jeremy! A new face - welcome to my piece of the blogosphere. I've seen your comments at Political Notio.

How 'bout a "P"?

8:56 AM  
Blogger Minka said...

Not to worry, I got Q covered on my page! Loved your list! And naturally there was something about horses. It wouldn´t be your list otherwsie :)

11:11 AM  
Blogger brian said...

On Friday will be memeses, not be confused with menses, "J and R, is that a Drink?"

btw, posted "saga" at Doug's blog.

11:43 AM  
Blogger ariel said...

Cowgirl, is it only a tradition or does it have a function why dancing horses are not supposed to raise their heads above a certain point? do they get so used to it that they keep their heads like that in their everyday lifes too?

12:46 PM  
Blogger brian said...

What beautiful eyes. Your's ain't bad either.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Hey, new template! Very intersting. Love the masthead photo.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Minka, you are right. Horses are my thing.

Brian, I check out your meme Friday. Should be a good one.

Ariel, shoot me an email sometime so that I can explain more about horses, head sets, and training. I'd be glad to teach ya. ;)

Brian, thanks. ;)

Kyahgirl - yep I am working on the template...will have to wait til later on to be finished.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Manchego said...

Hey, that looks kinda fun! If it's not too late, I'll take a letter...looks like there are a few still left...

3:40 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Manchego, I think your letter should be "H." How's that sound?

6:43 AM  
Anonymous ginah said...

Decided to meet some of the folks from Doug's place. You are a sass and a half Cowgirl! Who knew cowgals gussied up so<..> Loved your list and LOL at the pumpkin thing. Ooh, and the horse is beautiful. This is all an education for we of the non-blog proprietress variety...

feverishly taking notes - meme -(isn't that Eve's Morcoccan grandma?).

Enjoyed learning more about you ~

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home