Friday, May 19, 2006

Final Salute

"Down In Mississippi Up To No G..." By Sugarland clicky to play

Friday, payday, Lordy got to get away
Had it with the wife thing, living on a shoe string
What's a poor girl got to do just to have some fun?
All these years without any help
Guess what, honey, clothes just don't wash themselves!
Neither do dishes, neither does the bathroom floor

So, now if anyone asks, not that they would
I'll be down in Mississippi and up to no good

No more, what a bore, had enough, I'm out the door
Headed for a breakdown, had it with the small town
Gonna call Lisa, gonna call Carla Sue
Well, now we're gonna let it roll, gonna let it rip
Gonna get us a nice room down on the strip
Not that we'll need it, there won't be any sleepin' tonight

So, now if anyone asks, not that they would
We'll be down in Mississippi and up to no good

Hammer down, here we go
Runnin' for the riverboat
All you're gonna see is asses and elbows
Luck's about to change for these three queens
Tired of getting' jokers, deal us up kings

Hammer down, here we go
Runnin' for the riverboat
All you're gonna see is asses and elbows
Luck's about to change for these three queens
Tired of getting' jokers, deal us up kings

Snake eyes, roll the dice, double down and hit me twice
Cashin' in the big chips, gonna leave a big tip
Hotter than a two dollar pistol, baby, I'm on fire

So, now if anyone asks, not that they would
I'll be down in Mississippi and up to no good
If anyone asks, not that they would
I'll be down in Mississippi and up to no good

The day has been hard. That's all I got to say about that. I'm glad to be home where I can pretend I'm not upset. Because it's easier to do here.

I'm counting the hours down until Bree gets off of work because it's Friday, payday, Lordy got to get away.

~*~*~

I got this in an email from a friend, but I revamped it a little, Cowgirl Style. What do you think?

1. When you are sad - I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard/bitch who made you sad.

If this isn't why you are sad, then I am all ears. I've got a good shoulder to cry on, and you know I give good hugs. Come here sweetie.

2. When you are blue - I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you. Being a medic comes in handy. From CPR to an emergency cricothyroidotomy with a ball point pen, you're covered. Hooah.

3. When you smile - I will know you finally got laid. The bigger the smile, the more I wanna know. Or do I?

4. When you are scared - I will rag on you about it every chance I get if it didn't scare me. After consoling you, that is. Unless we are scared together, then it becomes a horrific story to share and reenact.

5. When you are worried - I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be and to quit whining.

6. When you are confused - I will use little words. Because when I said precipitously, you thought I meant it was raining outside.

7. When you are sick - Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have. The girl next door in me will bring you homemade chicken noodle soup (or a veggie soup for my fellow vegetables) and knock on the door. Better get your ass off the couch and get it while it is hot. There's crackers too.

If you are sick due to too much liquor, I will hold your hair and/or take care of you. Because I expect the same in return. And if you pass out on the bathroom floor, I will never talk about it, because I've been there too. There's proof.

8. When you fall - I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass. Then I will pick you back up. Unless you fell in something in the pasture. Then you are on your own.

This is my oath... I pledge it till the end. Why? You may ask, because you are my friend.

Remember: A good friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move a body. Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel, lol. Oh, and a good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting there next to you laughing.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Federico said...

Very nice....

:-/

12:27 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I have several really good spades, I'll be right over.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous shayna said...

Sounds like a few of my girlfriends... :)~

Hope your day gets better... it could be worse... you could be home sick in bed... having to do nothing per the docs orders... woah is me...

In all seriousness... I truly hope you have a better day, dear... :)

1:27 PM  
Blogger brian said...

Have a good weekend

1:59 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Federico - grazie. Another italiano!

Kyahgirl, I knew I could count on you! ;)

Shayna, I know it could be much worse. I would offer to help you out while you are laid up, but that is a long drive...

Brian - have a good weekend too!

2:15 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

"Remember: A good friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move a body. Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel, lol. Oh, and a good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting there next to you laughing."

this whole paragraph is my best friend L. in a nutshell. Shes been my best friend since 4th grade and the kind of friend if called and said I needed to get rid of a body, she'd say okay Im coming over w/ my shovel! Not WHATOMG!WHO?! just okay..you need me regardless of the situation, Im on my way. not that Id ever kill anyone....on purpose unless they needed it..like trying to hurt my family or me..

2:21 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

I agree 100% Barngoddess! I have lots of shovels, so call if I ever need to throw one in the back of the truck. ;)

2:23 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Let me do the dirty work, and you can have the shovel.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Thanks Jake. You rock.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Minka said...

New template? Very nice!

I got a similar e-mail once from a dear friend...it make syou feel good!
Hope your day or evening will get better!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home