Saturday, May 20, 2006

Cowgirl Update

I still can't blog about Friday. I wish I could, but I do not want the locals raining on my blog, so to speak. If I am too obvious, it will ruin the mystery. But the Patriot Guard Riders rock.

Being the corn fed farm girl that I am, I am very proud of this fellow young citizen of the Corn Desert who went to court after the governor called her a cheater and her 4-H show steer equal to a bovine Barry Bonds. The same man who wanted to take the state fair to CHICAGO. Hooah, Whitney, and good luck during this show season!

Don't mess with us country girls!


Perhaps more to come later...this cowgirl has been requested to sing karaoke tonight on a night when everyone and their brother is going to be out...a local festival is going on. Could be interesting; I don't know whether it is sad or not that the DJs invite me personally.

What do you think?

Also, have to sing on TV tomorrow at church...fun times. I am going to go shopping, because I am running out of non-cleavage revealing clothes. Can't show cleavage on TV...singing in contemporary service costs me more than being in a robe during the "normal" services. But I love singing with the church band, so it's worth it.

I'm still in shock that I have went to church every Sunday since Easter. And it hasn't caved in.

16 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess said...

cowgirl, is that a halo I see growing around your head? just kidding....I cant hold a tune inside a bucket so I shall not kid you anymore!

4:19 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

cowgirl, I need your addy please, I saved it from an earlier comment you left, but I have NO idea where!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Hey Barngoddess...if theres a halo, then wonder what is holding it up. lol

4:24 PM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

Hey Doll,
Just checkin in since I have a few minutes and a (dial up) connection. Lots to catch up on, but sadly no time to do it. Remember, you're in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all is well.

talk to you soon!

6:55 PM  
Anonymous cooper said...

sing your heart out.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

I look the new look for the site, even if it's not very revealing

10:18 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Wasn't it a given that all angels have halos? ;)

this is too easy...

1:11 AM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

LOVE the Patriot Guard Riders. You go girl!

5:13 AM  
Blogger avereragebusinessman said...

Hope your weekend was kickass.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I can see your halo from here buddy, illuminating the cleavage!! :-)

10:01 AM  
Blogger The ZenFo Pro said...

I caught the Bonds/4-H comparison this weekend on some sports show...

It's nice politicians have so much time on their hands... it's not like they have things to do, like run states or anything ;)

Um... there's something wrong with cleavage showing at a church service?

Lol...know I'm probably going to hell for that one...

6:55 AM  
Blogger Minka said...

I think the DJs invite you personally becuase of the cleavage revealing clothes;)
That plus I bet you are fun to be around, you can sing, you ahve rhythm...I´d call you too:)

9:05 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Rude1 - I emailed you, althought I don't know when you will be able to read it next. Miss you.

Cooper, thanks. I try.

Doug, you are so cheeky.

Jake you are wonderful.

Sgt Lori - They rock...and I was thrilled that they were at the funeral.

Av.biz.man - it was kick ass.

Kyahgirl, you crack me up....but perhaps you have a point of why they won't let cleavage be on TV while we are singing in church. Too much glare. LOL

ZenFo Pro, yeah I was so pissed off when I first heard about this a few years ago...and am elated that she, a little girl, went to court to fight being called a cheater because she was following the rules.

Cleavgage is ok at our church, just not when you are part of the group that gets put on TV...we sing 6-8 songs that are contemporary so it's like being in our own little Christian rock group.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Minka, thanks...perhaps it is the cleavage! lol

9:07 AM  
Anonymous pia said...

Kaoroke and Church? Good combo

11:14 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Every Sunday, pia, Bree and I and a whole bunch of her family go to church, lunch, then karaoke while kicking back a few beers and eating greasy but good bar food for dinner. Fun times.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home