Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Coach Cowgirl

Tribewanted: Adventure Island. This looks like fun! Anyone want to go with me? Seriously.

Perhaps I should start my own version of this in the Corn Desert. It may not be a tropical island, but I bet I am more entertaining.

~*~*~

Today is the last day of school for my two nieces and one nephew.

I think I am more excited than they are, as I get to spend even more time with them. Plus I am going to coach my nephew's baseball team with Bree, and that alone is going to be amazing. Her youngest son is also on the team.

Both of us played softball all through Jr. High and High School. She pitched and I was a catcher (thinking woman's position). My team won several state championships, as did her's...therefore it is going to be fun seeing how competitive we get.

Besides, we are the only females coaching in this league. FUN!!! Who do you think is going to get called a bitch first?


~*~*~
Perhaps more later...it's nice out and I think I am going to go play outside the rest of the day...as I get to leave work early!

Although I have all sorts of good stories from this weekend. I'm not sure where to start. But I did get to try Aunt Norma's potato salad afterall. No more ass kicking...everyone stayed in line the rest of the weekend.





I think it is the prettiest here during sunrise or sunset.

Took lots of pictures this weekend. Some are good and some are good for blackmail. Heh.

Naw, I wouldn't do that...would I?

17 Comments:

Blogger Pixie said...

Yes... you would. With pride.

*wink wink*

Happy Tuesday!

11:57 AM  
Blogger brian said...

Afternoon, just checking in after a looong weekend. Crazy day at work. Sounds like fun coaching kids, just ban all the parents and you'll do fine. Diane read your "bar fight" entry and she wanted to know if you work on commission, cause she's got a list and she's checking it twice.

12:09 PM  
Blogger AnthonyLemons said...

Great photo....keep it up.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

So our raging cagefighter enjoys photography too. How refined. Reminds of another martial arts master...

"Here At Rex Kwan Do, we use the buddy system. No more flying solo. You need somebody watching your back at all times. Second off, you're gonna learn to discipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here?"

12:49 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

cowgirl, I see your practicing up for your suburban (4X4) full of 5 kids...you must have nerves of steel, lol

1:08 PM  
Anonymous cooper said...

Lovely sunset.

Nice that you had a greaet weekend.

To answer your question .....you will probably get called a bitch first.

Go You.

6:49 PM  
Blogger The ZenFo Pro said...

Lol...pictures? There are pictures?

Coaching...awesome!

For some reason, I can picture you as a catcher... ;)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Hola! Have been reading up on all that was missed and I must say that kicking the ass of asses is just a great source of entertainment and having said that, glad you had fun!

Yeah, agree with the Coop.... you'll probably be called bitch first... but that's a good thing.

So. Was the potato salad any good? ;-) Besos and go on and live more adventures so we can read all about it!

7:47 PM  
Blogger transience said...

send me that lovely sun-sky. i love it.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Shell, you are probably right.

Brian, work off commissions...don't know. I would help her out for nothing.

Banning all of the parents is an idea...

Anthony - thanks.

Jake, there you go again, making me laugh.

So what's this about breaking wrists again?

Barngoddess, I believe you are right. Either that, or it is birth control.

Coop - it will be me first, eh? You're probably correct...but Bree is a pistol too.

ZenFo Pro, of course there are pictures! And I am SO not trying to comment on your comment about me being a catcher lol.

Miz B, yeah I have been a little busy. But it makes for great things to write about. And the potato salad was good...but my mom makes it better.

Transience, I'll try. ;)

6:42 AM  
Blogger avereragebusinessman said...

Have a great summer and play ball.
Not so sure about that tribe thing.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous pia said...

Love the picture

Bitch is a great thing--I know

8:46 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

hey, I bet you'll be a great coach!

School gets out early for your children. Ours have almost a month left!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Minka said...

My bet is on you! being called a bitch first!
But that is so cool, you teaching teh little league. More talents you have than I knew. (I was trying to be Yoda here, it didnĀ“t work, did it?)

5:56 PM  
Anonymous shayna said...

Hey... I'd do the tribe thing... just as long as I can be queen... or would that be chief? Would I get to wear leather and feathers? Wooo Hooo!

Glad you had a great weekend!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

~*L&L*~ (*cues windchimes and disney sounding twinkling sounds... flits around sprinkling pixie dust and says, ever so demurely*)...

KICK SOME BASEBALL ASS, HOOAH!

LOL.

I have a "tribe" I can donate.

*wink*

8:00 PM  
Blogger EsotericWombat said...

I really wish I could be an uncle, but that's going to be a long time coming, given that both of my brothers are younger than me.

That island thing sounds pretty awesome... very tempting.

My prediction is that whichever one of you is called a bitch first it will be from a parent from your team and it will be too another parent. I'm comfortable making that prediction as it wil be impossible for anyone to disprove it.

That sky was made for watching with an arm around a lover and a bottle of wine.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home