Thursday, May 04, 2006

Bird Sings Why The Caged I Know

Been one of those days.

Perhaps later on, it will be take me drunk, I'm home. Who knows. I don't have to do anything productive tomorrow anyway except work the three youngsters. And then leave for Kentucky! Yeehaw!





I do have some pretty horses here on the farm right now.
I am totally in my groove when I have horses to work. Somewhere, I must have renewed my love of them; specifically the show horses. Yes, I love horses, period. And I have done everything from barrel racing to cutting to team roping (I can't heel worth a shit) to team penning to jumping to dressage to western pleasure to riding those high stepping english (saddleseat) horses. I don't like being a one trick pony, I suppose.

But I have an addiction to those high stepping horses.

Which is probably why I am seriously considering the job offer I received today. And ever since then, a song has been stuck in my head. Literally and figuratively.

Yep, I've got Georgia on my mind. Close to the ATL specifically. Job would be with one of the most talented english trainers in the breed. So of course I am really thinking about it...even if I thought I would never train horses as a full time career ever again. I'm allowed to change my mind...

But Georgia? Become a Georgia peach?

Now I have this song stuck in my head. Peaches by Presidents of the United States of Ameri...

8 Comments:

Blogger arizona69 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:50 PM  
Blogger arizona69 said...

Wish You a nice trip
Kisses, sweeet beautiful patriotic peach :)

2:05 PM  
Blogger brian said...

Go for it. If it feels right, take a chance.Besides, you would become a Southern Belle, my, my, my. Have a great weekend. I posted Friday's post already, did not want to have to think about all night.
Brian

2:22 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

have fun at the Derby.

what would you lose by taking the job? what would you gain?
Best wishes for figuring it out!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Arizona, thank you. And you are making me blush!

Brian, I am thinking about it. Me, a Southern Belle...hmmm... kinda like that thought.

Kyahgirl, I am going to have lots of fun...hopefully I'll pick the winner!

I am going to have to sit down and weigh the pros and cons. But this is one of those things that can either be awesome or total hell.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous shayna said...

Well... a Georgia Peach... :)

Follow your heart is the best advice I can give...

horses seem to be your heart...

6:39 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Do what feels right in your gut my dear friend... what has kept me on the "right" path has been to follow my gut always... mistakes were made, oh my yes and plenty along the way but they were mine and they were meant to be because I learned from them... I think that a true mistake is when you don't listen to your heart and listen to others.

So listen to that all-knowing voice inside and no matter how scary the unkown will be it will guide you well... plus you seem to be one wise 25-year-old Cowgirl! Bohemians everywhere just looooveee them their Cowgirl! Oooowweeeee indeedy!

10:39 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

cowgirl-have ablast at the derby!

now listen carefully for I am your elder.........
I passed up a great chance in my early twenties in the horse industry because I had no idea what I wanted to do and was yet pursuing ANOTHER college degree(I have 3)Im not bashing higher education at all, it is a must have. But, it took me 11 years to get back to my career in horses full time and making $$...so time is awasting, do what you feel in your heart.
besides-omg have u ever been to Georgia? what an awesome state!!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home