Thursday, April 20, 2006

Vote For Me!

Patriotic Cowgirl - Saddle up and vote for my caption! Don't forget to bring some friends! Spread the Cowgirl love!

Jumping sidesaddle for votes!

I am campaigning for votes as I am in the Tell Me Tuesday Contest over at Sar's Belle of the Brawl. Shameless promotion is allowed and encouraged, so vote for me! *bats eyelashes coyly*

I was tagged by my pal Rude1, so of course I thought I would oblige.

Six Weird Things About Me That I Do Not Typically Share

1.) I have a photographic memory, accompanied by an IQ over 140. Can we say freak? I remember horse pedigrees and other things by "looking" at them, re-reading them in my mind.

2.) There is a pair of pull on boots by my front and back door, in case I need to go outside quickly. I also always have a pair of boots in my truck, accompanied by horse halters and leads, a rope (lariat), fencing pliers, an equine/human compatible first aid kit complete with suture kit and epi-pen, flashlights, flares, and other things in case horses, cattle or other livestock are loose; or an accident happens. I would leave my shotgun in the truck, but that would get me in trouble.

3.) Whenever I eat a salad (practically every day), I always have a little bit of Ranch AND a little bit of French/Catalina. And I prefer baby spinach, and think iceberg lettuce is a waste of time. But I will eat it if I have too.

4.) I have done some modeling, and would do it again in a heart beat.

5.) I also have had the experience of riding as an extra and as a double on set. Where and when, I am NOT telling. But someday I hope to have a few trained horses to be used in movies.

6.) Everyone by now should know I am an accomplished equestrian; Mom says I have been riding since I was an embryo. Literally. If it involves horses, I am all over it. I surpass the term horse crazy...I have an obsession with all things EQUINE.

I have driven four in hand (four horses at once), and I have driven draft teams during the Winter Holiday season in two big cities for extra money before I could even drive a car, uh hum, legally. I also am family friends with a family that raises Clydes for a certain beer empire.

I was fortunate to have a trick riding family close to my home town, so I learned how to trick ride and roman ride (click here for video).

Ride'em Cowgirl!

I also like to teach horses how to bow and rear on command, along with other dressage and upper level movements. And I have a fascination with the Spanish walk, demonstrated here by a little girl on a Friesian.

One of my favorite Andalusian stallions is Alborozo, click here to see a video of his outstanding intelligence and beauty as he Spanish walks, piaffes, and passages into people's hearts.


Alborozo, jubilation in horse form.

22 Comments:

Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Yay-loved your comment. The javelin/lance was pointed pretty high eh? Maybe he was facing the giant (on his diligent steed) :-)

8:43 AM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

You got my vote!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Yipee!

9:10 AM  
Anonymous cooper said...

I'll check it out.

9:53 AM  
Blogger brian said...

voted for ya! left tanka comment also sending b-d tanka poem to you tonite.
Thanks for not banning me!

Brian

11:35 AM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

Hahahaha! Your truck sounds an awful lot like mine :) Except for the make hehehehe, oh, and I don't have the EQUINE equip there...yet.

Cool video of the trick riding; I always thought that was way to cool!!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

BTW, IQ very close to yours ;)

12:36 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

hey, you didn't have all that cool horse stuff on here last time I dropped by did you?

If you did, I'm really losing it. Man, I just love hearing all this stuff you smarty pants, modeling, equine goddess you!!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Kyahgirl - that horse looks like he does his job without hesitantian, even if the rider has NO clue what he is doing. Thank God for horses like that. ;)

Rude 1 - thanks for the vote man! We certainly have alot in common. Maybe it is the Scot coming out...dunno.

Brian - thanks for the vote, and I loved the tanka. Bannishment for you looks impossible, my poetic friend.

Kyahgirl - yup, I added more to the post. Well, Rude1's tag was to be about stuff that was weird or that no one knew, so I shared!

A goddess, eh? Don't think so...;)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

Goddess? Dunno, pretty close though! BTW, the Alborozo is AMAZING! No wonder he's your favorite

1:08 PM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

Ooops, that should be "the video of Alborozo is..."

What a dork :)

1:09 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Alborozo, he is handsome! And yes I am talking about a horse! lol

Rude1, we can be dorks together. Because I certainly am one. ;)~

1:10 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Cowgirl, I was the first voter in the caption contest. As of then, it was Cowgirl 1, Doug et al 0. And that was before I knew you were a genius. Impressive video.

1:29 PM  
Blogger brian said...

cowgirl,
for those of us with low IQ, what does BTW mean?
My guess
Beautiful Talented Women.

Brian

1:30 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Oh Brian - BTW is by the way. But beautiful talented women sounds better. ;)

Doug - Well, I do agree with you that size matters, but as genius goes, it is all about what you do with it that truly matters!

Never meant for everyone to think I am a genius! Tests don't prove much, actions do!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

I like the Beautiful Talented Woman better too :)

1:41 PM  
Blogger brian said...

Oops! I guess I'm hip to be square. This is fun.

Brian

1:51 PM  
Blogger hancockhorses said...

wow it sounds like you have a lot of courage way to go, we raise registered Quarter horses especially Hancock Driftwood crosses. so this was very interesting,

4:19 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

cowgirl, you are cool! I would love to trick ride. Ive trained 2nd level dressage, learned a lot but boring it is-trick riding would be tons better. loved the video, and pic. I think I voted for ya...........I better go back and check, lol

4:55 PM  
Anonymous shayna said...

I work with cowboys and cowgirls... I learn something new everyday from them about horses and now I get lessons from you as well... all I need is a saddle, a horse and a whip and I will be ready to go...

oh... and maybe some assless chaps... LOL! :)

6:50 PM  
Blogger EsotericWombat said...

huh... No mental photographer I, but it seems we're a similar quality of mind candy, to be unnecessarily oblique.

*goes off to vote*

7:28 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Rude1 - great minds think alike.

Brian - I am all about the fun.

Hancockhorses - Hey, one of my favorite barrel mares was a Hancock bred mare. She could roll back like no other horse I have ever thrown my leg over. I love a good foundation bred Quarter Horse. Skipper W, Wiescamp. Thanks for stopping by!!

Barngoddess - Cool, no. A horse sponge, yes. I have been so blessed to be surrounded by so many different disciplines and breeds.

Watching lower level dressage is like watching pain dry. Bleh. BORING. But in the upper levels I am enthralled. I am teaching my boy canter pirouttes right now... and he is the easiest horse to teach so far.

Thanks for voting!

Shayna - I never intended for this to get too horsey, but alas, I can;t seem to help it. Aren't all chaps assless? ;)

EW - You rock!

I think you got the whole package deal going on there. ;)

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home