Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thirsty Thursday

Mosey on over to some good reads:

Shayna is brawling over at the Belle of the Brawl today. Go over and put in your two cents worth!

If you haven't been to Doug's Waking Ambrose, you are missing a good thing. Today the word being discussed is wine. Don't make me whine, because I find it appalling. I have a sign in my barn that I also have a duplicate of that says "No Whiners Allowed." That one went to all the horse shows to be hung in my tack room.

An occasional "Woe is me" is ok. And warranted. But consistent whining drives me crazy.

Even though this in no longer a pink haven, I am still enthralled with the pink place to be: Courting Destiny. Pia Savage is brilliant. Her talent with words and the way she thinks out loud is intoxicating to me.

I want to introduce a new blogger, Brian, of Truth is Freedom. He originally emailed me about a poem he wrote after reading my post Numb, about my 16 year old friend being assaulted. He also has a poem he wrote about me, too! Please check them out! Love that I inspired him to write again after keeping his pen idle for 8 years! Amazing and flattering. I thank you Brian for all of the kind words and for speaking out!

More to come!

13 Comments:

Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Hi Cowgirl :-)
Dropping by to have a whiff of the barn. Good post and links.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Kyahgirl - someone who even talks like me! Horse people just have a language of their own. Perhaps I found inspiration for another post!

Thanks for stopping by! mi granero es su granero!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

great! as long as you have fresh straw and a horse I can sniff I'll be comfy!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

cowgirl- your blog looks excellent. did you do it yourself? i think i am inspired to perhaps do some spring cleaning of my cyber space as well.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous pia said...

I'm even pinker than I was before--blushing

Love the new look. Wasn't going to go to blogs today but you made Doug sound enticing (?) He is just can never think of anything sardonic enough to match his satires

Edited my post a bit, and added somethings at the end--leaving it up all weekend, I thin

11:58 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Kyahgirl - Sniff away. Today it smells like hay, fresh cut grass, and liniment. Oh and saddlesoap. I am taking a four day weekend, so I have been having fun playing out in the barn and yard. With breaks to grab a drink and blog.

Jake - Thanks! I had help from Caz, but I am still going to tweak it more. Going to put my blog name on the top sometime, when I get the chance to.

Pia - Didn't mean to make you blush! The truth is the truth, and I am waiting on a book (which I want to get autographed *wink, wink*). Doug can be enticing, but we better not let him catch wind of that!

12:41 PM  
Blogger The Village Idiot said...

Hey, thats why I like Sar's place..making each other think

Although, I still guess, if you are a classical naturalist, or at least interpret natural law the way Thomas Aquinas does, law is defined my morality...

Personally I think we are defining the same thing with different words..but playing devil's advocate is fun

4:41 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Not an Idiot - Love playing the devil's advocate, because it makes people really think about things.

Sar's place is a wonderful outlet for it.

Let's see Saint Thomas Aquinas said "Because of the diverse conditions of humans, it happens that some acts are virtuous to some people, as appropriate and suitable to them, while the same acts are immoral for others, as inappropriate to them."

That is what I am saying over there. Hmmmm...might want to put that over there....

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having poems written about you is always a good thing.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous cooper said...

that was me - can't seem to get used to not using blogger.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Shelleigh (Pixie) said...

Hey doll - that poem Brian wrote for you is fantastic! I love what you've done with the place!

Happy daisies to ya!

BIG HUGS!

The High Priestess (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha)

9:42 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Coop - anymore, I always think of you first when I see Anonymous. ;)

Shell - Hey there girlie! Thanks for the daisies! Wasn't the one poem about me suiting?

11:03 PM  
Anonymous shayna said...

Hey girl! Thanks so much for helpin me moderate over at Sar's. I have been so busy and haven't had a chance to even "sigh"... The Brawl was a blast!

Again... thank you! :) Happy Holidays... whatever you celebrate!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home