Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A Cowgirl's Birthday

Today is my golden birthday...25 years old on the 25th of April! Yeehaw! Icky! Icky! I am jumping for joy! It's all spurs and no bit today!!!

My favorite pixie, Shell, sent me some wonderful presents! Thank you! I needed that cowboy!;) Patrick, aka Esoteric Wombat, included me in his introspective rant, wishing me Happy Birthday. Thanks man! Cheers!

The wonderfully sassy Doug of Waking Ambrose also gave me a shout out on my Birthday. Thank you! I got third place in the caption contest over at Sar's! Which is awesome considering the competition I was up against, Doug and Miz B. Speaking of Sar, she couldn't bring me back a tangibly rich, good looking, single man while she was vacationing in Aruba, but she did find pirates! Arrrrrr....

I've had a busy BUSY weekend, but so much fun! The horse show was a blast, and my green "around the gills" steed was amazing. I am glad I wore my schooling chaps. He needed a little reining in, but not the kind Cooper is talking about.

His barn name is Chocolate, but I call him Choco-latte. Dunno why. But I think it is funny that his name is Chocolate, considering my I Need A Band-Aid post. So since he is a horse AND his name is Chocolate, is he therapy, or a band-aid? I am going to go have some more breath of life and mull this over.

I want to thank Brian of Truth Is Freedom for the wonderful poem he wrote for my birthday that he sent to me about a week ago. He truly has a way with words.

Born of earth and corn

now third decade of her life

unfurls freedom flag

singing parties she attends

celebrating birth today

This is a poem written by mio amico italiano, the charming Alexandro. Grazie.



Il Canto del Mare (The Song of the Sea)

Vi era un tempo in cui il Mare
ed il bimbo giocavano felici,
rincorrendosi l'un l'altro.
Il bimbo ed il
Mare ridevano assieme ed erano amici.
E quando alla fine il bimbo era stanco
e sudato,
il Mare lo cullava,
dolcemente,
fra mille riflessi del
sole calante.
Allora il bimbo si lasciava andare
a quella affettuosa
ninna nanna,
fino a che non giungeva la notte.

Ora il bimbo e'
cresciuto,
ed il mare e' vecchio,
e stanco.
L'uomo non ha
dimenticato il suo grande amico,
che ancora sa farlo sorridere e dargli
pace.
Anche il Mare non ha dimenticato i tempi felici,
in cui l'uomo era
bimbo e giocava con lui.
Ora il vecchio amico e' stanco,
ed ha sonno.
L'uomo e' con lui, e' grato e sorride.
Ora e' il bimbo a cullare
l'amico, stanco,
mentre i riflessi si spengono,
ed il mare s'addormenta,
e sogna.
E l'uomo piange

Speaking of Italian, I am a little rusty. But thanks to the urging of the wonderful Pia of Courting Destiny fame, I am brushing up. Might be advantageous, and what a romantic language. Speaking of Pia, saddle up and head over to her place, as she is certainly not a one hit wonder! Thanks for the birthday wishes and other advice!

The 10,000th visitor at Shayna's was Wombat! Head over there to My Music Highway and listen to the song she wrote in his honor, and while you are at it, read her rockin' interview with Miz B!
MORE TO COME!

33 Comments:

Blogger Minka said...

Happy Birthday, sweety! 25? You make us all jeallous!
I hope you have a wonderful day and lots of fun.
I donæt understand Italian, but just by looking at the words you can tell it is beautiful. What is it about Italian and Spanish takes makes our hearts skip a beat?
Happy birthday!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Minka, thanks for the birthday wishes from Iceland! Italian and Spanish are such beautiful languages.

7:35 AM  
Blogger brian said...

Blog nexus:
From: hummingbunny astroid
To:planet cowgirl

Happy Birthday!

Congratulations on your victory,
orbit has decayed more quickly,
before completely out of range,
have found your blog passing strange,
figured out what horses for,
though Saturday's post made us...curiousor?
still confused about the shots,
are they used to get in...
sssssssssss.

message ends in static.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Major John said...

I'll throw in some German then "Herzliches Gluckswunsch zum Geburtstag!"

Have the appropriate authorities been warned of your birthday (ie. State Police, FEMA, et al.)?

7:45 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Well, boy howdy, it's time to refresh my best wishes for an embarassing birthday. All spurs no bit today, cowgirl!

8:12 AM  
Anonymous pia said...

Happy happy birthday

Hope that you're learning Italian;-)

8:23 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Brian - Thanks, and I loved the poem! You rock, my poetic friend.

Major John - Danke! A good dose of German is appreciated. I think the authorities have been warned...thank goodness I have that designated driver on retainer!

Doug - Well put! That's gonna be included into my toast to myself later on...any karaoke requests? Strawberry Roan might be hard to find...

Pia - Thank you! Oh, honey, I am going to be fluent in all the Italian that is necessary. ;)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Trailady said...

From one equestrian to another- I dig your blog! Nice job. Hope you had a nice birthday.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Ooooh! Thanks for the many beautiful mentions aaaaand...

CUMPLEAÑOS FELIZ, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TYLIKKE MED DIN FODSELSDAG, TAVALODET MOBARAK, JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE!!!!

There! Now you can add Danish, Spanish, French and Farsi to your list!

Hope you have a beautiful day and a great year ahead where many of your questions are answered in a grand and positive way my dear friend!!!

9:01 AM  
Blogger ariel said...

Happy Birthday, Cowgirl!

your the trick ride and roman ride video was fantastic. any more of those?

9:02 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Trailady - thanks for visiting! I'll be sure to check out your place soon.

Mizzy Bohem - Danish, Spanish, French and Farsi birthday wishes! Oh my! I am greatful. Thank you, my beautiful and flexible friend!;)

Ariel - Happy Birthday to you too! Thanks!

9:18 AM  
Blogger avereragebusinessman said...

Happy twenty fifth. I remember that year fondly. Enjoy it all it only gets better.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Averagebusinessman - If it only gets better, then I am excited for each passing year! Thank you!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Bone said...

Happy birthday! Here from Courting Destiny.

Hope your day is beautiful and your year is the best yet.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Bone - thanks for visiting and for the birthday wishes. Anyone who reads Courting Destiny and has Pia commmenting on their blog is ok by me. Pia has good taste.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Oh, and Cowgirl? I'm leaving the hobbles at your discretion.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Douglas! ROFLMAO! *pat, pat* Good dawgy. ;)

11:32 AM  
Blogger Sar said...

Happy Birthday Cowgirl!

You know, I stopped by here late last night and early this morning, so I would've, could've been first. :)

Now, did you really think I wouldn't find you a tangibly rich, good looking, single man in Aruba? The truth is, I was holding out for your birthday surprise. Oh and he's a bit of a cowboy and country crooner. I hope that's okay. ;)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Sar! Me likes! ;)

I would have posted more this weekend, but I have been having a wee bit too much fun....

11:55 AM  
Blogger brian said...

You know cowgirl, the reason I like your blog so much, is that you make me laugh, think and cry. As the late Jim Valvano said, "you laugh, you think and you cry, you've had a good day." Have some fun tonight.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Brian, I am thrilled that you are a consistent visitor to Planet Cowgirl. You have a permanent passport.;)

I'll have a drink in you honor! Cheers!

11:57 AM  
Blogger brian said...

Do you want to keep the Planet going? I'm thinking a Flash Cowgirl persona. LOL
Thanks for the Pia comment, I just can't help writing in prose.

1:11 PM  
Blogger kate said...

Happy Birthday! 25 was a tough year for me... so was 41.. the years in between seemed a breeze! lol I hope its a grand year for ya!

1:22 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

Happy birthday cowgirl! nice pic, are you falling for chocolate? he does look like a nice ride : )

2:30 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Brian, dunno about Flash Cowgirl...will have to sleep on it.

Kate - welcome! It has got to be better than last year, or I might start getting gray hair!

Barngoddess - Happy Birthday to you too! Well, a day early anyway. Choco-latte is quite the ride. He tries to hard still, but I think that he is too nice to be just your average rider's hunter/jumper anyway.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous cooper said...

Happy Birthday Cowgirl. I hope you are celebrating in whatever way does it for you.

Italian is an extremely sexy language that is for sure.

Watch out for those cowboys though.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

4:24 PM  
Blogger hancockhorses said...

i just love your humor and yes all the babies will be for sale, if you ever want more info, let me know, the babies sire is an own son of Lone Drifte owned by Sherry Cervi's Dad, so he produces some pretty awesome using horses

4:27 PM  
Blogger EsotericWombat said...

Happy Birthday! *hugs*

25, eh? I really don't have much to offer there. Hope today is awesome

4:30 PM  
Blogger The ZenFo Pro said...

HAPPY FRIGGING QUARTER CENTURY!

I can't believe I almost forgot...

Lol, see, I have this bad habit of being the last one to show up for a party!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous shayna said...

Happy Birthday... YEEEE HAAAAWWWW!!! Let's throw some saw dust on the ground and have a PARTY!!!

Happy Birthday, babe!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Oh my dear sweet Cowgirl-Happy Birthday one day late.
I had ever intention of coming to wish you happy birthday but couldn't even get to the computer.

Here is a big cyber hug ((((((Cowgirl)))))) and many wishes for another brilliant and productive year, filled with love and laughter.

Laura

5:49 AM  
Anonymous pia said...

Hope that you had an incredible birthday--and will be looking forward to Italian stories

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home