Wednesday, April 26, 2006

25 years and a day

Last night was an absolute blast. I drank more than my fair share of booze, and Lordy am I paying for it today. I feel borderline shitty, not all the way shitty. There is a difference; I never desire to feel like I did in college again! The horror!

Perhaps I should have reined myself in a bit. But considering this was the first birthday that I have had in my home town since high school, and the fact that it was also my golden birthday, I am sure it was warranted. And it sure as hell was entertaining, and I had so much fun serenading everyone, and doing duets with my pals. My gal Bree and I do an awesome Does He Love You, her singing Reba and me singing Linda Davis.

The beautiful Shayna gave me a shout out for my birthday. I am always amazed at all she accomplishes, and she still makes time to blog!

Shell, my favorite pixie, has some wonderful words here. And that cowboy...thanks!

Here is the lilac bush that is right outside my house. I love lilacs, as does Cooper. Their fragrance may not make everything instantly better, but it sure does help. If you haven't been to her Darfur blog yet, get thine self over there!

Some of my tulips. I got a little carried away.

11 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

I am glad you had a "blast" on your birthday. Just wait until a few more decades pass.
P.S. I've never had alcohol, probably a good thing.
Brian
P.P.S
Stop in and wish Barngoddess a happy birthday

12:15 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Brian, I wished her an early happy birthday yesterday and already made my way there today, but thanks for the reminder!

Alcohol...not always a good thing.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Icky! Icky!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I'm glad it was a good one!

Happy Birthday again Cowgirl-sorry to be late!


two full glasses of water and a couple of aspirin before hitting the sack goes a long way to helping reduce the hangover. Being a scientist, you just know I've collected data on this :-)

3:06 PM  
Anonymous shelleigh (aka Pixie) said...

I'm glad you had a great time doll!!! 25 was the best and I mean BEST year of my life... I hope the same for you to the 2nd power and that every year just gets better.

Wombat!

4:02 PM  
Anonymous shayna said...

That's so funny... I too sing "Does He Love You" with my friend Patty when we both are at karaoke... I'm Reba.. she's Linda...

Glad you had a great birthday... "Golden Birthday"?????

Why is Doug so Icky, Icky????

4:48 PM  
Anonymous cooper said...

I swaer I smelled those things when I saw taht picture.

Happy Day after.

8:21 PM  
Blogger EsotericWombat said...

A hangover is akin to a scar from the feild of battle, only here it's temporary. If you were righteous and the cut isn't too deep, wear it with pride. Glad you had a blast. Happy Birthday again

Pixie: Yes?

12:04 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Glad you had a blast! I agree with Shayna... GOLDEN BIRTHDAY????? So what am I? Chopped Liver? ;-P Ha, ha, haaaa! Bohemians like to mess with pretty Cowgirls every once in a while!

As for alcohol... been there and definitely done that.... barely drink now since becoming a yogi... my body just rejects it! Or maybe it is what happens when you pass the "Golden Birthday"? :-)

12:44 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

OK ya'll a golden birthday is in reference to the fact that I was 25 years old on the 25th.

Doug, it started to sound like Icky! Icky! instead of Yeehaw after awhile, lol.

Kyahgirl, I drank so much water yesterday that I thought I was going to turn into it!

Bet that was a fun time collecting data!;)

Shell - Well, I would just like 25 to be better than the rest of my life so far, praying for an upswing! Ya know! Much wombat to you pixie.

Shayna, then we could sing it together sometime, right?;) I love the Linda Davis part, btw. So it would be perfect

Oh, and the Icky! Icky! part is about how he lost his voice one time and was trying to say yeehaw or whatever while being a cowboy, and it came out Icky! Icky!;)

Coop, those lilacs were in your honor!

Wombat, it's a long story, but I so wombat your wombat self. (Wombat is code for love, check out the pixie's site).

Miz B, there is no way in hell you are chopped liver, my beautiful sistah.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous pia said...

The lilacs ae beautiful.

All birthdays are golden, yours was 24 karat.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home