Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Stress Reliever

There is something beyond relaxing about hacking away at downed trees with a Husqvarna chainsaw. The noise makes it impossible to concentrate on anything else. (Makes me want to do that noise Tim Allen made on "Home Improvement" - more power!)

This flag survived the twisters, even if most of this house didn't.


Found amongst the rubble, this flag is flying in the doorway
of what used to be a home.


Today has just been one of those days. Talked to my friend who is a journalist for a Springfield newspaper, and she is exhausted from covering the story. I know her from showing horses together since we were little lead-line girls. She has spent a lot of the last few days in a bird taking pictures of damage. Ever since I hung up the phone, I have been pondering what Sar said in my comments section.

The fact that you can sigh over the normalcy of whether to go to kick boxing class or not just put MY nerves at ease.

I think it's amazing you found it interesting vs. scary - that's incredible.

Perhaps I am just used to the life in Tornado Alley. It is part of life here, like earthquakes in California and hurricanes in Florida. Tornadoes are uncontrollable, and I respect them for that.

I am the anti-drama queen during a crisis. Panicking is never an option - the military background of my family teaches this at a young age. My dad gave us little room for emotion while growing up. I swear I will never tell my children "I'll give you something to cry about." I love my dad, and he has changed greatly for the better. But there are times I remember that I wish I could forget. His father raised him the same way, but I know better than to repeat the pattern.

I lived to see another day, so I just keep living like I normally do, while stepping over tree branches and thanking God(dess) every time I step outside that my horses are ok.

Moving is sounding so good to me right now. It would be a nice change of pace, and perhaps I can find myself. I am starting to suffocate being back in my hometown. It is most difficult to deal with one's past, if it is continually staring back at you. Oy!

5 Comments:

Blogger arizona69 said...

I'm happy far away there is a patriotic cowgirl still ok after all this destruction.
Your photos are amazing and terrible at the same time. Nature power is fascinating!
Hugs from Italy
alex

5:04 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Man, I miss my old Husqy. Living in the desert, there isn't enough to cut. Glad you and ponies are alright.

7:41 PM  
Anonymous shayna said...

I agree... the photos are amazing...

Also... My hubby and I saw "Walk the Line" in the theater. Loved it... walked out of there in awe! Love me some Johnny Cash... just loved the man and his music.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous pia said...

Sometimes you do need to move to find space

Pretty sure my dad was abused, Know he would have died before physically abusing us. Know he didn't mean most of his verbal attacks. But when I was a kid, I didn't, and it took many years to work it all out

9:07 AM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

hoyah! There's always something cool about a chick (yeah I know, you're not a chicken!) with a big rig and plays with power tools! Glad you're okay, look forward to hearing all about it. Cheers!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home