Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Randomness


Friendship is the only cement that will hold the world together - other than perhaps the love a mother has for her child. (Right Shayna?) I have had very few true friends in life; sometimes we lose touch, but pick right back up again as if no time ever passed. I am excited, because my all-time favorite gal pal is going to be visiting me tomorrow; crashing at my place. (Tomorrow IS karaoke night at the Irish....)

Travis coming back into my life really caught me off guard. (Who is Travis? Read all those posts below!) I don't think I have caught my breath yet. Now I am seriously rethinking some things...

I really like Bo Bice's song The Real Thing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first words out of my mouth this morning - "Shit! It's froggy outside!" Anyone else say froggy instead of foggy, or is it a Midwestern phrase? It amazes me how I can use profanity to display various feelings. One little word can convey so much.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Army and Black Five also commented about the Supreme Court's decision on allowing recruiters to be on campus. Gives me some more stuff to digest regarding my previous post. Jack Army especially. I checked out what the ACLU had to say, but like Jack Army, I do not see them getting all up in arms because of all the other things the military sees as disqualifiers in enlistment, like disabilities, etc. My hairdresser (do you think HE is straight) said that he didn't see what the big deal was, as he also thinks that there are bigger fish to fry when it comes to gay rights.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got a wonderful compliment from our precious pixie, Shell.

A wise young lady said, "Interesting...perception is the key here."

Me...wise?

I have had several people comment on how weird they are lately. I certainly have weird quoted somewhere in my resume. Re-defining normal has always been a passion of mine. I embrace weirdness, individuality, and quirkiness. Plus a lot of other stuff. Welcome to the randomness. Perception is the key here.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Shelleigh (aka Pie Shell) said...

You rock, baybee. Have fun with your buddy!!!!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous pia said...

love love love your last paragraph. Have fun at Karoke night

3:58 PM  
Anonymous shayna said...

I too rarely have a lot of true keep in touch friends... can maybe count on one hand. I have "friends" that I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them... but "hey" they are fun to hang out with on a long Friday night or Saturday night! ;)

Good luck with the Karoake! ;)

10:03 PM  
Blogger EsotericWombat said...

My friends are pretty much all away at college. Some are away at the college where I should be now.

Ditto on embracing weirdness. In the words of Hunter S Thompson, "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

8:57 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Shell - you rock too!

Pia - I was so fond of that last paragraph I put the last two sentences in my blog description. I don't know anyone weird, do you? ;)

Shayna - Ever have "drinking buddies" that get jealous of those that you deem true friends? My drinking buddies call me more than my "true friends" - always drinking buddies where ever I live, but true friends are ellusive.

EW - Loooooovvedd the quote. I would be the perpetual student if I could get away with it. College life was amazing for me. Can't wait to start up next spring at UIUC.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous pia said...

Weird and me in the same sentence;-) always and proud of it

Have to add one of my best friends is my hair stylist--he's a male, and super straight

First time we met, he cut my hair, and his hand slipped to a place I didn't want it to go--so I very discreetly slapped him

We have been friends for 20 years this month--been friends with my other closest friend who does read and comment in my blog so I can only say great things about her;-)
going on 30 years.

And her 15 year old daughter actually wanted us to go the Matisyahu concert with her, instead of her friends, because she enjoys our company and likes our taste in music

When her mom was six months pregnant with her we had third row seats to a Clapton concert and I'm convinced that the "good music gene" was inserted right then

Now I feel horrible for making my parents sit away from us at a concert when I was 15

And love EW's Hunter quote

11:13 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Pia - never meant to stereotype hairdressers as always being gay - its like labeling all men who ride english gay (not ALL of them are). *blushing* But here in the midwest, I do not know anyone straight and male that calls themselves a hairdresser. Stylist, barber, yes. Hairdresser...um no. Dunno whats up with that.

I actually met my close friend/hairdresser (I'll call him James) because he had horses in training at a barn I worked at. I spent a solid 8 years showing his horses and wishing he wasn't gay. (truthfully, he is GORGEOUS and so sweet). Reminds me of Swayze (but taller).

James calls me everyday to see how I am doing and to give me hell about not training horses anymore.

I love James to death, even if he only does my hair for free if I allow him to do anything he wants -as long as I can still put it in a pony tail. I cried one time looking at all of the hair on the floor - but most of it was still able to be in a pony tail - barely.

I went out with him for my 21st birthday (in Iowa - I lived two hours from him at the time). Wild. Somehow we ended up at a strip club somewhere in the middle of nowhere - and it was so much fun! Besides it was the only thing that stayed open til 3AM.

Nothing is more entertaining than me, James, a bunch of country boys, and some strippers who were mad because the guys were paying more attention to me. FREAKY! But I was too drunk to care.

James is my favorite person to go shopping with, and I wouldn't trade him for anything. He is one of the few people who have always encouraged me to be myself no matter what anyone says.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home