Thursday, March 23, 2006

New Addition

She is smiling she is so happy she has a home!


Somehow I have acquired another Aussie. Goes by the handle Gracie. She is very beautiful, and is just over a year old. She is so sweet, and looks wicked cool with her different colored eyes. Now I will have two dogs with tail envy.

Sadly, I sold the two broodmares I had left today (one was my old QH barrel mare I bought back). And I cried all the way to the bank, literally.

So I am down to three horses; two horses I will never sell, and one that I don't want to sell, but should. A fancy mover, he still has a lot of show years left, and would still make a nice national level horse for a youth. Three national titles are in his resume. This guy deserves more than hanging out in a pasture.

That would leave me with my retired show horse Bubba, from when I was younger, and another gelding, Pride, that I acquired around the time my fiance and I split. These two boys are a part of the family, and will live their lives out being spoiled by me. Bubba is a "lawn ornament" so he hangs around and keeps the pasture mowed. Every once in a while I like to lay on his back while he grazes like I did when I was younger. Since being retired, he has stayed here at the farm while I moved around training. He has several national titles in his resume also - some of those we won together.

Bubba will always stay with my parents; I think my dad would cry if I moved him. And my dad NEVER cries, even at funerals.

Pride, on the other hand, is a riding and driving machine. Riding him is my high - he has so much power and je-ne-sais-quoi. I have such a connection with him. He is the one that will lay down and sleep with me in his stall. His show wins are astounding, and he L.O.V.E.S. to show-off. He has a fire inside of him that makes me forget anything else. He is such a cocky and prideful horse. But so kind.

Now I am on the lookout for a new barrel horse. Most certainly a Quarter Horse. Gonna unbury my Billy Cook and cinch me up a can chaser. Time to go back to my grass roots of rodeos. Although I love them, I don't have any interest in showing show horses anymore. The bad apples ruined it for me.

I am ready to go back to where whoever is the fastest wins. And I like going fast! Turn 'n burn!

Who knew mud could look this sexy!

Me likes them cowboys anyway. I can be myself, and they think it is cool.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rude1 said...

I love the new Aussie; she looks AWESOME! I know how hard it was to sell your horses :( Need a hug? Have a good day girl ;)

1:38 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

Great little piece of the web you have here. I enjoyed reading your blog. Horses are my 'thing' too.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous shayna said...

I love the new pup... cool looking dog! ;)

Wow... I'm sorry you cried all the way to the bank... I know it must have been hard.

Mud sexy? Depends on who is covered in it! :)

5:13 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Defitely a cool looking dog. You should get some sheep now.

I know what you mean, some horses just have something.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Major John said...

...so he hangs around and keeps the pasture mowed." HA! I like that.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Rude1 - Gracie is awesome, and I think my other Aussie is happy to have a new woman lol. It was hard selling them, but I didn't want them to stand around and be wasted during their last reproductive years.

Barngoddess - thanks for dropping by! Horses are my life.

Shayna - Mud is sexy as long as it is someone hot covered in it. I enjoy playing in it regardless, lol.

Doug - I used to have sheep that I showed in FFA and 4-H. The new dog has never worked before, but my old dog is really good. I have used him to herd ducks before.

My little bay gelding turns heads more than I do. He has something electric about him. Has mroe personality than most people I know.

Major John - yep. Sometimes they retire and earn their keep mowing lawns. I never let the special ones go. I have bought and sold a lot of horses, and every so often I run across ones that live their lives out either on my parents farm or at my Uncles.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home