Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It's Spring?

Go over and vote for Courting Destiny. Click here now!

Shayna's little one is sick and was admitted into the hospital... please keep them in your prayers.

Shell has provided a perfect poem for my current status.

************************************************************************************* Spring has announced itself with a windy blizzard, just a little over a week after this area was hit by tornadoes. Geesh. Who did we piss off?

At least the snow prettied things up a little.




My horses are starting to shed already, so I went into action. I bundled them up in stable blankets and put them in stalls last night because the wind was howling like a pissed off banshee. I turned them out a few hours ago. They all ran around in a big blur, playing in the snow. I got lost in the moment watching them, it was beautiful.

Thank God all of the horses that were visiting due to the tornadoes went back to their trainers...

Schools are closed, but I knew they would be last night. It helps to have family on the school board. Mom always knows the scoop.

About yesterday's post - My young friend fell asleep on the way from the hospital; so her mom took her home instead of here. Probably was better. She is going to come over and hang out later after she wakes up. This barely 16 year old has proven herself such a brave young soul. I am thrilled that she wants to talk to me, but on the other side of the coin, it is taking everything I have got in me to deal with things. At least now I know why I moved back home. Being here for her was it - it very well may be the most important thing in my life so far.


Makes me wish for the days when trying to see how much gum you could stick in your mouth was important.



After "talking" to a few concerned ones (thanks to all of you), I still couldn't sleep late last night. So I did what I always do - I went out to the barn. My place of solace. Put on my black carhart over-alls which makes me look and feel like a burnt marshmallow, and ventured out in the nasty weather in order to be comforted by my horses. And of course my dog tagged along. He is so loyal.


Tuning my brain out, I took each horse's blanket off and gave them a good brushing, then put their blankies back on. I love my horses - they all tolerated my early morning invasion of their sleep with deep, kind eyes, soft nuzzles, and deep whickers. I then fed them all each a flake of hay, and sat in my one gelding's stall watching him eat. The sounds of horses eating hay is music to my ears. Quite intoxicating. I must have fallen asleep in his stall at some point, and when I woke up, he was laying down next to me. What a sweet heart.


************************************************************************************* It's brainless to assume that making changes to your window's view will give a new perspective ... I think I am realizing this.

12 Comments:

Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Oh my god. I just read your previous post as well as this one. I am so relieved to hear she told her mother. She HAD to! She MUST report it... she must fight, kick ass, not allow that sick shit to turn her into a victim or she will regret it for the rest of her life.

My sister was raped when she was 12. It fucked up her life.

Crap... I hope he is caught, prosecuted, incarcerated and may he rot in hell the....

I'd better stop or this shall become the most vulgar comment on your blog. I wrote a piece on rape once... I shall let that do all my swearing...

As for your friend, I am glad she had you to turn to. I hope it has all been done in time so the hospital can do a rape kit on her which she may potentially use as evidence against that shit.

I hope she gets through this ok.

How are you handling it all? Friends and family of rape victims need help too. My sister's forever changed me and I carry the rage within me eternally... If you need to vent, you know where to find me my friend!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Miz B - Thank you. I too was raped(but I was 17 and I never formally reported it, but he did get his ass kicked, not that that made things any better). Her confiding in me made me, no forced me, to deal with what happened to me to be able to be there 100% for her.

Feeling like she wasn't alone helped her start the healing process.

I REALLY wanted it to be her choice... and I am glad she reported it. I am proud that she was so strong. She is my little sister, blood or not.

I know who did it.

1:38 PM  
Blogger arizona69 said...

Ciao Cowgirl,
My eyes are wet. I'm a man, so maybe I cannot really understand completely, deeply as a woman can do.. I can have only three reaction: rage against raper, hate vs stupid and inconclusive laws (in my country too), and.. I brotherly hug You and Your young friend
Too much sadness in this world
alex

2:16 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Arizona69 - Grazie. La pietà da voi è sincera.

Ciao sweet one.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

Hey girl,
You know where I stand and like I said last night, I think you're right. You came home for that reason. I hope and pray that the healing begins and is fast coming, for both of you. You know where to find me if you need me.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Thanks Rude1 *hugs*

5:11 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

It breaks my heart to hear you were raped too. The world is full of vicious, sick bastards and it angers me to my core that women have to live frightened, on alert all the time...

You sound like such a strong and kickass woman and I am sure you have made tremendous leaps and bounds since your assault. I am very proud of you but it hurts even more then to hear you too were raped...

We knew who raped my sister too. Being 12 she said nothing until 2 months had passed so nothing as far as evidence could be done... the police helped us without interest. My mom wanted to sweep it all under the rug. After being given the runaround from the police I had a flare-up with them and they finally told me that "In the olden days families used to take matters into their own hands"...

They didn't give a shit. My sister was 12 but the poor thing got breasts at 5 and her period at 7 so she looked very developed at 12 and the police, THE POLICE, insinuated that because of that she "was asking for it"...

My mother and my sister left the country shortly after and the rapist was never prosecuted.

Years later my mom got a call from the girlfriend's family (who never believed what my sister said) that he had raped the girlfriend's twin sisters and could my sister come and testify on their behalf?

No, NO, she couldn't...

11:53 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Miz B - OMG that is so sad. That is one of the main reasons assaults never get reported. "Sweeping it under the rug" seems to be not as scary.

Rape all too often turns the victim into the accused.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

I'm sorry for both of you. I'll kick in for your bail if it comes to that.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

I appreciate that Doug.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Courting Destiny is one of my fave blog friends! How is it that we haven't "met" sooner?

Thanks for swinging by today, you're welcome anytime!:)

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home