Friday, March 24, 2006

Is It Really Friday?!?

After I glanced down at the heat gun I was grasping, I decided enough was enough. Sternly looking the Bossman in the face, I said, "Don't make me use this." And I was serious.

Why do some people think that others want to join them in their misery? Having a bad day is one thing, but it drives me crazy when people yell and throw things for no apparent reason. Being yelled at for nothing makes my blood boil. Never again will I be a verbal punching bag. After dealing with my dad growing up, I made a promise to myself to not let people drag me into their hell. Go rot by yourself.

What made matters worse was the fact that his daughter is pregnant. Kass is my best friend's little sister, so I am very protective of her. She was on five months of bed rest during her last pregnancy; and this pregnancy is looking the same way. So the last thing she needs is her dad ranting and throwing shit around the shop.

Therefore, I sucked it up and told him if he didn't knock it off, I was going to leave for the day. And today we were SWAMPED at the shop. I didn't even leave for a lunch break.

"If you want to be a big baby and throw a tantrum, go outside and kick your truck tires and cuss. Because Kass and I are sick of your shit. How dare you stress her out! She's prego, and here you are being an ass." Kass smiled, and Bossman's face was shocked.

I think I got my point across, because he stopped. Of course he didn't apologize; but he sure as hell was nicer to deal with for the rest of the day.

*************************************************************************************

Shayna's post, Sar and the Shoe Store Interview, is a must read. Shayna is witty as usual. There is a point in the interview where Shayna asks Sar about Patrick Swayze. (something about bouncing quarters off his ass...)



Well, I have met Swayze. Out of the celebrities that I have met while showing horses, he is my favorite. (Shatner is my least). And I have watched Swayze show his horses in halter and performance. He also has presented the flag at shows. He is an excellent horseman. Swayze is a very sweet and spiritual man who loves his horses. (Do I have to mention how handsome he is?) He likes Straight Eqyptians, while I prefer Polish bloodlines. His lovely stallion in the pictures is Tammen. They lost him back in April of 1999.


Swayze's horse trainer was best friends with the father of one of the ladies I trained horses for. Her father has since passed on, but his trainer remains like family to her. So I met him several times.

There is a poster of the picture of Tammen and Swayze with his back to the camera in my office. Below the picture it says "Where in the wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined." ~ Ronald Duncan.

And it is signed by Swayze, to me, "A fellow lover and protector of the equine soul."

The weirdest thing about celebrities in the horse world, is that they are no longer the celebrities. The horses are.

*************************************************************************************

Perhaps I should write a book about my life.

6 Comments:

Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

I have been reading up! Loved your list! Gives a great window into your life in a small town!

I am sorry to hear about the heartache of having to sell your horses! Do you really have to sell the 3rd one?

Good for you for standing up to your boss. There is no excuse for such behavior and disrespect and as women we sooo need to stop it asap! You go chica!

Ooooh! What a body! So lean and de-lish! I want me the equivalent for chicks! For example... Madonna's arms are to die for in my book! But hey, maybe it's just me! ;-P

Glad to hear he was nice. I have met a number of celebs and the rudest was Kirk Douglas (pre-accident). He was a total ass.

12:11 AM  
Anonymous shayna said...

My boss can be a dick as well... which I am thinking of writing about. Degrading to women and racist... everything I hate. I write about not liking racist/bias people and I get my paycheck from one. My guilt of working for him is really getting to me and I have been sending out resumes.

As for Swayze... honestly I never found him that "attractive". I think it was because my mom was "In love" with him and so that really turned me off of him. Nice to know that he is a nice guy.

I have met several celebrities. The nicest celebs I have had the pleasure of working with would have to be by far Michael W. Smith and Vince Gill and Trisha Yearwood... met Loretto Lynn back in 2000 and she is the sweetest... the biggest dick goes to Gary Chapman followed close by Terri Clark and Ashley Judd. Believe it or not Wynonna is a hell of a lot nicer and more fun than Ashley. (My 1st cousin's husband's father was the Judd's producer back in the day) Ashley is a very stuck up woman and has the "how dare you talk to me" attitude. Had my run in with several other Nashville "stars"... maybe I should write about them huh? LOL! A lot of that is my memories... I need to get my pics from my mother. She has them hanging on her wall in one of her hallways. The hall of celebs we call it. ;) LOL!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Miz B - No longer have to sell the third one. But that is a whole nother post. I'm not sure if I am even going to post about it. I am still in shock.

Anyway, it felt good to tell him him off. Didn't cross my mind to call him a bitch.

Shayna - I think you should write a book. You are such an excellent writer, and everyone would love to read about your experiences. I want a signed copy!!!!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

Great post as usual! Good for you; far to often, bosses think they do what they want and to hell with how it affects those around them.

Oh, and Ill be first in line to read the book!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Shatner is my least favorite, no matter what the category.

Can access the site now. I know. Duh.:)

2:17 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Rude1 - I'll send you a signed copy.

Janet - Congratulations!
BTW, my middle name sometimes is DUH.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home