Friday, March 31, 2006

Inked

This just scares me... an incorporated town in Florida where there will be a fusion of religion and government...



Don't pass out around these guys. Doubt this is what he had in mind when he was talking about getting a tattoo.

*************************************************************************************

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~
Mark Twain

I spent a few hours talking to my best friend about life. It is surprising how much insight into my psyche she has even when she is almost 400 miles away.

She is going to be coming up to visit in a week, and I think we are going to go get "inked" together. Just because we can.

A brave Army wife, she has pretty much raised her two youngsters on her own so far. Her husband is in Iraq on his second tour. Hopefully, he will be home in September. She told me today that he was hoping to become a drill sergeant; pray this comes true.

Of course she continued on about how I should just move down to Tennessee, transferring guard units. I have to admit I am very tempted, but it is on the opposite side of the state from where I want to move in Tennessee (near the Smokey Mtns). Clarksville isn't quite what I had in mind... but it is, however, closer to Nashville (right Shayna?).

My best friend called me a chicken shit, mainly because I was a little scared to jump in with both feet and commit to changing my life. Of course she is right; if I want something to change, I have to change too. Meaning, I need to move if I want to move.

If I am not doing something to change what I am unhappy about, then I quickly lose the right to complain about it. Therefore, guess I might be packing some boxes, putting the dogs and cat in the truck, and loading my lone horse in the trailer.

Because she is so right. I am young and unattached. This is the time for me to be living my life for myself.

*************************************************************************************

Tomorrow night is the night of that big karaoke contest. Should be entertaining....

10 Comments:

Blogger arizona69 said...

My best wishes, sweet Cowgirl. I know it may sounds like grandpa's good advise, but.. wherever You'll go please, take good care of You ;-)

4:41 PM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

Cowgirl, You can do it if it's what you want to do. There are lot's of folks who are pulling for you and if for some reason it doesnt work out, you always have a home to go back to.

Follow your instincts and be true to yourself. You know Im behind you!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

I'd be partial to the Smoky Mtns as well. Mountains have that quality of calling one home it seems, the ocean does this too, but only if you can find a secluded beach. Either way, both are away from your current comfort zone. Shall we call it a leap of faith? Good luck in your decision.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous shayna said...

Clarksville is about 45 minutes from Nashville... ;) I loved Clarksville and miss it! ;)

Sometimes you just taking that leap is the best thing for one to do... believe me... I have done it! :)

Good Luck with your decision. Life is only what you make it... live it like there is no tomorrow!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Sometimes what scares you is where you have to go! I wish I didn't think that but hey, 31 and still at it and no regrets! I think the only regrets are of the moments and opportunities I let go of when I should have taken the plunge instead, you know?

And hey, if you are unattached and young and free, live it up! What are you waiting for? Now is the time!

I just read your previous post. It was sooo funny! I had to read it to my husband and it had him cracking up!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

GOod luck tonight at the contest! "...and she belted it, she hit the high notes fearlessly..." Go girl!

2:51 PM  
Blogger The ZenFo Pro said...

Re: Fla...

You sure you're still thinking about moving South?

I grew up smack dab between Pat Robertson and JErry Falwell...

Seriously, it's a big country. I've lived in every timezone in the Continental U.S. over the last decade...every place has its charm, its problems, etc.

The young and unattached thing is the key. I have married colleagues stuck where I am. I can't imagine being here for 20-30 years.

Pull up stakes, girl! There's always a place to board your horse somewhere :)

2:54 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

Best friends are worth thier weight in gold-literally. I have one, the same one since 4th grade.

I packed up my 2 horses, 1 dog, 1 cat when I was 20 yo and moved 1500 mi south away from all of my family in '89. It was exciting, new, and I do not regret it for one minute. So, I say go for it!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Arizona - grazie. I will.

NotsoRude1 - You are so kind. I can always come home. And it's ok if I do.

Jake - Luck? Whats that? LOL I LOVE mountains. Beats cornfields any day. (you look hot in that pick btw);).

My dear Shayna - You are so right. I need to start living like there is no tomorrow. And I like the idea of being close to Nashville. (Wanna do lunch, or even better - karaoke and bud light!? My treat)

Miz B - So glad I made you guys crack up. You are right, I need to do it while I can. (But I am NOT moving to Spain). lol

Jason - I hate boarding!! But I might have to figure something out lol. Florida is TOO south.

Barngoddess - I think I am going for it. What do I have to lose?

2:17 PM  
Anonymous shayna said...

Would love tooo! ;)

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home