Monday, March 06, 2006

Dreary Monday

I think that these guys sound promising...but I might be a little biased.
Give them a listen. ~not country~ Update took it down - email me to hear. I'll post more later.

**********************************************************************************
Disclaimer: I am not a hater of any kind. I am 100% against discrimination. I support my gay friends and others (no I am not gay), and I support free speech, religious freedom, blah blah blah. So don't send me hate mail*

Found this interesting. I agree that recruiters have the right to be on campuses - to me it is like any other business recruiting for "employees." If you don't want to join the military, don't. It's your choice.

While I was in college, the military recruiters rocked - I always visited with them (they were usually cute). As long as they are there to provide information by choice, then I think they should be allowed there. It is not as if they are attacking anyone for who they are. Recruiters are not carnies out to get you to play a game at their booth; they are representing an option that no one is forced to take. It is 100% voluntary.

What I did not like on campus were some of the religious groups (along with others) that would go above and beyond annoying. I remember one time watching an interracial couple being practically attacked crossing the quad. Made me want to slap the hypocrisy out of that particular group. But I digress...

I am still digesting this:

Joshua Rosenkranz, the attorney for the challengers of the law, said that the case called attention to the military policy. "We lost a skirmish in a much larger civil rights battle for the rights of gays and lesbians, which is a movement we are winning," he said.

I am fully aware of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy, but I think that there are bigger fish to fry in regards to civil rights, particularly in a larger scale. Maybe because I am from a military background, I understand the policy; or perhaps I accept it because I do not have a choice. Surely there are plenty of employers out there that blatantly discriminate. The military is just a better PR target.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Shelleigh (aka Pie Shell) said...

Surely there are plenty of employers out there that blatantly discriminate. The military is just a better PR target.

BINGO.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous pia said...

Thank you. You brought up some points that I never thought about.

Glad to be getting to know you.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

OH NO! I love, love, love that music. That's awesome... roadtrip!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

Pia - makes my day to hear that.

Shell - I've got more of their songs on mp3s, thanks to my bro. This one is my favorite.
I LOVE roadtrips!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home