Tuesday, March 14, 2006

After The Storm

Starting to pick some stuff up from the storm, after videoing the damage and getting the go ahead from our insurance guy.

The wind speeds during the storms that went through here Sunday night were in excess of 120 mph. More than 100 tornadoes touched down in five states that night, according to the National Weather Service. Here, there were over 20 tornadoes in a 400 mile path.


Bet they are glad they weren't in this mini-van
That is one big ass tree to be uprooted



I am not a big fan of eating at McDonald's anyway


Lightning strikes four times!
Wow!


Not even prayers saved this church
Nothing constructive is coming to mind, so I think I will keep things short. I have re-discovered green chili thanks to some welcome house guests. The two of them will be staying on the farm until probably this weekend. They are still making fun of me because I keep coffee and other things in the freezer.
Travis is coming home Thursday night. Don't know how he managed that, but I am not going to complain. I already put a request in for a massage.
I am SO tired. A walking zombie; I look like hell. My Illini ballcap has been my favorite accessory. Can't even stress over anything in my life because I am too tired. I think I am going to go tan, because that always makes me feel better. My cardio-kick boxing class is on for tonight, but I am considering not going. But I drink and eat too much not to go, so I'll guilt myself into going anyway. *sigh*
Oh, I did read that "Crash" is being used by city councils in my area as a different form of diversity training. I think that it should be mandatory in schools too. But I digress...

3 Comments:

Blogger Sar said...

The fact that you can sigh over the normalcy of whether to go to kick boxing class or not just put MY nerves at ease. Thinking of you guys.

And I had the same take away thought about Crash - EVERYONE should see it for diversity training.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

Hey Girl, Just popping in to let you know Im still around! I sure hope none of them there twisters hit you and yours!

Been very busy, sorry Ive been away, but will be back soon!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous shayna said...

That is awesome about Crash... and YES it should be in schools....

Like I said before... I'm glad you and yours are okay! :)

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home