Saturday, February 25, 2006

Words Of Encouragement

It is interesting how support from someone I do not even know makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks Shayna! You Rock!

"You should give it a go... Nashville Star that is... it doesn't matter what your list of credentials are. If you have talent (which I am sure you do) it will shine through. The music business is a tough road... you have to have some thick skin. Good luck and give your dreams a shot... : )" - posted by Shayna about Singing.

Maybe one of these days I will give it a shot. It is about time that I focus on my own dreams, damn it! Please be sure to keep tabs on this blog, because if I get a break, you will be getting some tickets for sure!

I went out last night and ended up at a bar that my friend bartends at. She always has several songs she wants me to sing for her and her man. I already have been told that I am singing at her wedding. I met her when I came back home; she is a year older than me and we did not go to the same school or grow up together. So we get along really well. Hooking me up with one of her hottie friends that likes me is on her agenda. She informed me last night that she has dibs on me next Saturday night for a girl's night out in a big campus town. Fun times - I can't wait!

2 Comments:

Anonymous shayna said...

Anytime... :)

I was a kid with a dream... sang at the Grand Ole' Opry at a young age, sang with Vince Gill, Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith, Gary Chapman... later recorded with Donna Summers and Trisha Yearwood. Gave it up for a dream... wanted to settle down, get married to the man of my dreams and become a mother.

I think our paths are a little opposite... you've had a "normal" life (I suppose) and are looking for the "music dream"... I had the "music dream" and was desperately looking for the "normal" life.

I always say the impossible is always possible... you go girl! If you have a dream... reach for it! :)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Cowgirl said...

We'll see. It's hard to explain, but I am sure you understand Shayna. I get this amazing feeling when I am singing in front of people; I know singing releases endorphines, but it is beyond that.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home