Friday, February 03, 2006

Shock And Awe

Why are so many people shocked that I am in the ARNG? Is it wrong for an intelligent, beautiful young woman like myself to choose to serve her country?

Damn, I am getting used to the jaws dropping.

I have just moved back to my hometown - I moved away right after I graduated high school, before I left for college. It is interesting to go out to some of the bars in town because I feel like I am in disguise or something. Hardly anyone recognizes me; I usually have to tell them who I am after they stare at me awhile. I know I have changed a little bit (everyone grows up), but geesh! I am gonna slap the next guy I catch "talking" to my chest instead of me. Come on now people!

I guess I was the All-American girl-next-door type growing up, and I admit that my wardrobe is different now. This former tomboy LIKES getting dolled up now. But are people really that superficial?

My best friend's dad is really supportive of my decision, but I swear he is hitting on me! Ok, I am positive he is hitting on me. He is cute for an older guy, but eeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!!! I am 20 years younger than him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home