Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Hottie Reserves Guy

Last night I went out with some friends to listen to a band that was in town and I ended up running into a kid that is a few years younger than me. He is an 11B in the Reserves, and he was home telling everyone goodbye before he left for Iraq sometime at the beginning of the week. Initially, I was having an awesome time talking to him, even if he was a little "Gung Ho GI Joe," if you know what I mean. I think all the pre-deployment work had him a little buzzed, but it wasn't too annoying because he was cute and absolutely ripped. His teeth were perfect, and his smile was just as intoxicating as the beer I was drinking. He should be in ads to promote the Reserves, because the ladies would join just to look at him. He found out that I was in the ARNG as a 91W with an aviation unit and he said that I was the hottest medic he'd ever seen. Let's just say I was enjoying myself.

We talked until the band was done playing, and then everyone was trying to figure out where we were going next, as the bars outside of town stayed open a few hours later. By this time, hottie Reserves guy was turning into freaky "come on baby, take me home - I'm leaving for Iraq" guy. All the money he was throwing around in the bar was getting him wasted and noisy. It was turning into a not-so-good situation, as I was trying to convince him just to ride with my group of friends to the next bar, and that we would drop him off at home because he was too drunk to drive. Well, he was being pushy and trying to get me to take him home. I hate obnoxious, belligerent drunks, so he was treading on my last nerve. He wasn't wanting to take no for an answer, so we ditched drunk Reserves guy. Too bad he was wasted - he was pretty cool at the beginning of the night.

I just thank God that I wasn't alone or in an unfamiliar place, or the night could have ended horribly. I can hold my own, but this guy was so strong, I would have been hoping I was faster. And I am sure this is not going to be my last time dealing with drunk Military. So I am taking a battle buddy when I go out from now on.

1 Comments:

Blogger JACK ARMY said...

"I am taking a battle buddy when I go out from now on."

Great idea no matter who you are dealing with... especially in bars and nightclubs.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home